• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yet another goal that was ruled not a goal

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
_58992404_qpr_ball_over_line.jpg

Match officials failed to award a goal in Bolton's 2-1 victory over Queens Park Rangers.
Television replays showed a headed effort from QPR defender Clint Hill clearly crossed the line.

An FA statement read: "The FA would like to reiterate our strong desire to see goal-line technology introduced as soon as possible."

It added: "The FA has been a leading proponent of goal-line technology for many years. We will continue to press for its introduction once further independent testing is complete later this year, so that anyone wishing to introduce the technology is able to do so at the earliest possible opportunity."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17326620

Last edited:

If that pic is the evidence, then there is clearly a problem with calling that not a goal. WOW :wow: if that does not scream "Video Replay" I don't know what does.

I am assuming that the white blob that everyone is staring at and chasing and happens to be hovering 1 to 1 1/2 feet into the goal IS the ball.....:Biggrin: ;)

I watched the match...that picture is a freeze frame from the game video....

If that pic is the evidence, then there is clearly a problem with calling that not a goal. WOW :wow: if that does not scream "Video Replay" I don't know what does.

I dont understand the reluctance to use goal line technology....this would take all of 10 seconds to review and confirm.....there is very little scoring in most soccer games and to have a legit goal denied is enormous

Agree - if they can use it in cricket, a sport with an incredible tradition of deference to umpires and of "fair play," this should be automatic. Is there a referees' union holding things up or just FIFA?

FIFA and one Joesph Sepp Blatter...

Agree - if they can use it in cricket, a sport with an incredible tradition of deference to umpires and of "fair play," this should be automatic. Is there a referees' union holding things up or just FIFA?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back