• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked yet another example of recruiting ratings being off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that the "misses" stand out. You don't talk about the 1000s of 2 and 3 star running backs that nobody ever heard of. And nobody gives the recruiting analysts kudos when a guy like Adrian Peterson lives up to all expectations "Wow...the boys at Rivals really nailed that one!"

There isn't a single soul who thinks the recruiting services are infallible. And the blame lies with fan expectations as much as anything else. The fact is a guy who is rated a "3 star" is, in the grand scheme of things, thought to be a pretty damn good player. How may HS football players are out there? And how many are 3*? The ratio is pretty small.

Not sure if you are becoming more insightful or I am reading your posts with an open mind but I find myself agreeing with you more times than not.

Unfortunately with the performance so far of MR and staff, I don't think we will get the best recruits at the skilled positions [like Harbaugh will] to win a Big 10 championship. I hope I'm wrong!

I’mNot sure what you are basing that off of. In only a half a season of recruiting Riley recruited a running back who is outperforming all of our heralded four stars. He is also recruiting a quarterback who is blowing it up in California. I have a feeling receivers are going to be beating down the doors by the end of the year with all of the passing that they are doing now. So far they have shown the ability to have a good eye for talent.

I’mNot sure what you are basing that off of. In only a half a season of recruiting Riley recruited a running back who is outperforming all of our heralded four stars. He is also recruiting a quarterback who is blowing it up in California. I have a feeling receivers are going to be beating down the doors by the end of the year with all of the passing that they are doing now. So far they have shown the ability to have a good eye for talent.

Of all the recruits we have for 2016 only 2 are rated as 4 stars, the rest are 3 stars.

http://dataomaha.com/huskers/class/2016

Of all the recruits we have for 2016 only 2 are rated as 4 stars, the rest are 3 stars.

http://dataomaha.com/huskers/class/2016

False.

Four-star rated recruits, according to service:

Rivals - Marquel Dismuke, Patrick O'Brien, John Raridon
247Sports - John Raridon, Patrick O'Brien, Quayshon Alexander
ESPN - John Raridon, Marquel Dismuke, Quayshon Alexander
Scout - John Raridon, Bryan Brokop, Marquel Dismuke

So any way you look at it, its a minimum of three (if you go by just the one service), or up to five if you look at everyone's opinion.

FWIW, I personally also feel that JoJo Domann and Greg Simmons are four-star caliber players, JMPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back