• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yet another bill introduced in Congress to permit collective bargaining by college athletes

Union membership has been in decline for awhile now, as most employees realize the "waste" it is to join a Union. I'm sure there's a few that will say that Unions protect the worker....yeah, maybe, in 1950, but not today. This is just a giant membership drive! Unions are going after any industry/area that doesn't have a presence and has a large number of potential members to feed off. They have been failing badly as Unions get voted down by employees all over the country from the largest employers. It only makes sense the Unions would try at go after and con students/young people, who don't realize how destructive Unions really are. Call it what it really is...A Union Membership Drive.

Union membership has been in decline for awhile now, as most employees realize the "waste" it is to join a Union. I'm sure there's a few that will say that Unions protect the worker....yeah, maybe, in 1950, but not today. This is just a giant membership drive! Unions are going after any industry/area that doesn't have a presence and has a large number of potential members to feed off. They have been failing badly as Unions get voted down by employees all over the country from the largest employers. It only makes sense the Unions would try at go after and con students/young people, who don't realize how destructive Unions really are. Call it what it really is...A Union Membership Drive.
Unfortunately the (edited) congress thinks everybody needs to be a union member.

Oop, forgot which forum I was in...

Last edited:
This one won't pass either , but it shows how momentum is still buzzing around even after the NLRB denied the Northwestern team to collectively bargain.

https://www.natlawreview.com/articl...posal-authorizes-student-athletes-to-unionize

This, tampering, the portal, NIL developments, gambling's encroachment -- I have no illusions about the decline of what I used to enjoy in college sports. Others may like this current moveent, but don't count me among them.

But then, I don't like the current games of pro baseball or basketball either. In baseball it's a homerun or a strikeout (wow, that sure is fun) and in bball stars sit out and when they are there they bang into each other and palm the ball and travel and play some made for TV game I don't appreciate.

And yes, I think paying participants {be they players or coaches} as much as they are playing in pro sports is totally misguided. It all reflects a society that mimics the Romans who loved bread and circuses.

And now I'm going to have my breakfast.
I don’t like any of this.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

I ask how has a lot of this money crap worked out for the NBA? Average viewing per game in 1998 was 29 million while the 2020 average viewing per game was 7.45 million. Anyone think that's good for the NBA? Yes MJ was playing but the long term trend has been clearly bad for the NBA.

I believe millions of sports fans are completely turned off with professional sports and it's going to also happen with college football imo.
Yep. I can't believe it still, but I didn't watch an NFL game last year... College only.

I don’t like any of it. Ruining sports. College players would never have the platform for, NIL, without the university putting them there in the first place. It’s already a win win imo. We may not have college football in 10-20 years. It’s all ridiculous. Let them ruin it, like everything else.
I've had a similar thought that maybe it'd be good for them to tear it down and start back over after realizing paying and over protecting players ruined the sport. I hate that idea, but I don't like what college football is turning into.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back