• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yesterday

I asked my sons(17 and 15) if they knew who the Beatles were and they both knew but one couldn't name one song they sang and the other named two songs but stated that it was only because they were used in video game samples.
A few years ago I planned a trip with my 14 yr old that would take us through Tennessee. I asked him if he wanted take a short side trip and spend a few hours at Graceland.

He enthusiastically replied, "Sure!"

Then soon followed with, "What is it?"

I think he thought it was some kind of amusement park. :(

A few years ago I planned a trip with my 14 yr old that would take us through Tennessee. I asked him if he wanted take a short side trip and spend a few hours at Graceland.

He enthusiastically replied, "Sure!"

Then soon followed with, "What is it?"

I think he thought it was some kind of amusement park. :(
Tupelo Zero is upon us old geezers, and you soon to be old geezers...

94Vj9ncv9_NKwV0vigP4TuVWS1tpU31fVdp0cCWTtss.jpg

When I first heard about this movie, I thought it was dumb/silly, but this looks like it might be okay

I finally watched this movie this weekend. I really liked it. The core of the movie is a love story of course and not necessarily *about* the Beatles, and you don't need to be a 'fan' of the Beatles to enjoy the movie, but it does help if you at least acknowledge and appreciate the nostalgia and impact their songs had on pop culture and what they mean to millions of other people even if they may not mean that much to you personally.

The movie has a message about holding on to your dreams, but also about being careful what you wish for and to appreciate what you have

Last edited:

I absolutely loved the part in the trailer that showed Ed Sheeran suggesting they name the song "Hey Dude":cool: Looks to be a good time.

There was a scene were Ed felt intimidated by Jacks apparent unmatchable songwriting ability, so he challenged Jack to an impromptu "Song-off" where they each had to create/perform a new song on the spot. Jack of course just pulled out another Beatles song no one had heard before, and poor Ed was just crushed. He acted like he was going to quit the business since he had just been publically bested.

It crushed Jack too, because he knows these songs aren't really his, and he is carrying a lot of guilt and shame for his plagiarism.

Last edited:
As far as kids not knowing who the Beatles are I think there are plenty that do and plenty that don't really care to know them. People that are really into music know who the Beatles are. My youngest son is 18 and has several songs on his play list.

Kids that aren't deep into music may not know who they are. Just like all generations most kids are just into what is popular at the time.

My son is actually more into the Rolling Stones. He has requested Exile on Main St. on vinyl for Christmas.

This is shortly after he's accepted that he's the only one in world who has heard of the Beatles, so he tries to revitalise his struggling music career by re-introducing the world to the Beatles greatest hits.

Last edited:

Howard was the greatest.

He wasn't sure if he should break the news at that moment. He asked Gifford and Fran for their opinions.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back