• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yellowstone

Husker89-93

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
where does it go, a lot of chapters closed, and yet so many possibilities. and yet, where do the new threats come from now?

OK, so I finally signed up for Peacock so I could watch the older Yellowstone episodes. I am always late to these things. I watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 and came away thinking. OK, does this show get better?

It seems to me it is just a modern day Dallas. Am I missing something?

OK, so I finally signed up for Peacock so I could watch the older Yellowstone episodes. I am always late to these things. I watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 and came away thinking. OK, does this show get better?

It seems to me it is just a modern day Dallas. Am I missing something?
Definitely has a Dallas feel in the family intrigue category.

It was S2:E7 when I was “in”. Just finished this weekend.

I like a whole lot about the show. The suspension of disbelief required for how many people are killed w/o any investigation or paperwork or questions is quite formidable, but it's good entertainment.

My wife and I enjoy the show. However, I strongly felt like season 4 was a hot mess, story wise. I won't say more, to avoid spoilers, man it was bad.

The show is ok. I'm just surprised how many "people" in "Montana" bow to the Duttons. I mean, they act like the Cattleman's Association is somehow an extra branch of law enforcement, which it apparently is(?), and a Dutton is chief of that. Then another Dutton is AG. Then there is the Dutton patriarch (Costner). And people from all across the state want one of the three to run... some want Kasey(sp?), some want Jamie, and some want John. Seriously, how many state political offices will one family hold at one time. Plus, they own a ranch that has to be among the top five in the US. And the amount of murders and missing persons around said-family is amazing.

Anyway, the show is ok. However, Taylor Sheridan (show creator/writer/producer) has written himself in as an arrogant cowboy/horse guy and is insufferable. He wrote a movie I really enjoyed, Hell or High Water, and was cast as pretty much the same arrogant character. He just annoys me, and the show would be better off with him behind the camera rather than in front of it.

Geez Rowdy:

1643302587225.png

Anyone watching 1883?
i saw the first two eps on YouTubeTV, but I think you need paramount plus for the new ones.

Last edited:

The last episode lost me, pretty boring season as a whole. It seems they care more about cashing in on it popularity rather than telling a good story. It is the first show that I recall where most of the commercial break it filled with the show actors promoting boots, ranch water, etc.

Anyone watching 1883?
i saw the first two eps on YouTubeTV, but I think you need paramount plus for the new ones.

Yes, I have watch the first 3 episodes. I find it better than Yellowstone. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are almost unrecognizable in the leads. McGraw can really act. Sam Shepard is great as always.

The show is ok. I'm just surprised how many "people" in "Montana" bow to the Duttons. I mean, they act like the Cattleman's Association is somehow an extra branch of law enforcement, which it apparently is(?), and a Dutton is chief of that. Then another Dutton is AG. Then there is the Dutton patriarch (Costner). And people from all across the state want one of the three to run... some want Kasey(sp?), some want Jamie, and some want John. Seriously, how many state political offices will one family hold at one time. Plus, they own a ranch that has to be among the top five in the US. And the amount of murders and missing persons around said-family is amazing.

Anyway, the show is ok. However, Taylor Sheridan (show creator/writer/producer) has written himself in as an arrogant cowboy/horse guy and is insufferable. He wrote a movie I really enjoyed, Hell or High Water, and was cast as pretty much the same arrogant character. He just annoys me, and the show would be better off with him behind the camera rather than in front of it.
I see you haven't hung around many rough stock guys have ya? He isn't prototype per se, but there are plenty exactly like him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back