• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Year 7: Tim Miles

No trournament and Miles is gone, for the mere fact that the fans will be in full support of it.............even if TO tried to prevent it (which he will, guy cares about his legacy more than the program) IMO

Nice guy... but just not getting it done.

Would love to see Lincoln native Fred Hoiberg at the helm.

Coach Tim is losing several key players after the season. It is a good time for a coach and culture refresh.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. On BTN's "The Journey" last night they had some segments on NU. In one insightful clip, HCTM shared a story about having a lunch conversation with Tom Osborne (apparently recently) where TO asked about TM's goals for the team. Miles more or less replied "huh?" (I'm sure it wasn't that blatant, but that was how I read it).

TO's response was, "Well, here's how we did it" (with football). "What would a perfect game look like to you?" He then shared the statistical goals that were necessary for the FB team to have success.

Then there was a shot of the BB white board, showing the team goals in the latest game (Iowa?) and how they fell short. And TM preaching about how "we can't continue to play like this and expect to play deep into the tournament."

So I'd like to think that the lights are coming on for HCTM. Whether it all comes together remains to be seen. Since I'm not close enough to the program to make that call, all I can do is watch and wait.

No trournament and Miles is gone, for the mere fact that the fans will be in full support of it.............even if TO tried to prevent it (which he will, guy cares about his legacy more than the program) IMO
TO won’t step in the way if we don’t make the tournament. That’s the expectation right now. I could be convinced we need a decent seed and a win.

Last edited:

Just get to the dance.
That is looking like a pipe dream at this point, after just the last 5 games. Not to long ago, I said something like, it would take a melt down to not make the tourney. Now, it will take a complete 180 to "Make" the tourney. We are NIT bound if we don't wake up and step up.

That is looking like a pipe dream at this point, after just the last 5 games. Not to long ago, I said something like, it would take a melt down to not make the tourney. Now, it will take a complete 180 to "Make" the tourney. We are NIT bound if we don't wake up and step up.
Next two games tell us how much heart they have.

Next two games tell us how much heart they have.
Yup. Sadly though, I see 3 more certain winnable games and several for certain losses. We have the talent to finish with at least 20 wins, but I just don't see it happening at this point in time. 12 games left in the regular season, and it's going to be a stretch to hit that 20 win mark.

It's Year 7 of the Tim Miles era. In the previous 6 seasons he only has two seasons with a winning record. 2 first round tournament knock outs (NCAA and NIT). A career record of 104-99 for a 51% winning record. He still makes "rookie coach" mistakes and mistakes that rookies don't make. His lack of ability to get a true "big man" in a conference that thrives on big men is disappointing. His recruiting is suspect and the roster has been a revolving door.

At $2.25MM per year, Nebraska fans should have higher expectations. Nebraska has some of the most beautiful on-campus facilities in the conference and in the country. Nebraska fans should have higher expectations. Tim Miles is the Mike Riley of college basketball.

I don't think it's premature to say it's time to start looking for a new coach. He may get his third winning this season but his overall body of work has been proven and he's hit his ceiling.

Blast away.
Hard to argue with you! This season should have been better already than last year

I am probably in the minority here. but i really like this team and it is really fun to watch them. As for the texas tech loss, that was discouraging. But tech is looking like they could be really good. The minnesota game i thought they played great except for the last 7 min., but everybody knows how hard it is to win on the road in college bball. We still need that true big man, but i'm going to enjoy this season as much as possible before thinking about a different coach.
What say you now???

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back