• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yahoo Sports Puts Nebraska on Their Bubble Watch

A 5-1 record during that stretch would give Nebraska a 19-11 overall record and a 11-7 mark in the Big Ten, good enough credentials that the Huskers might not even need a league tournament win to snare an NCAA bid. Anything short of that would surely leave Nebraska with work to do in the Big Ten tournament, but that's a heck of a lot better position than where most thought the Huskers would be in Tim Miles' second year in Lincoln.

It is strange that the author states that the Huskers came "out of nowhere", but then cites their strong play over the last month. :facepalm:

Lunardi gave as an RPI of 52 as of today, up 10 spots. They project the top 48 RPI teams are all in at this point and the rest are Automatic Qualifiers. I'm kind of new to reading these tea leaves, but I think that doesn't necessarily mean we are four spots from being in (and it would likely be hard to move up much without winning out anyway), so I don't think we are "officially" on the bubble yet, or even "in the mix" at bubble. I think we are still only a "bubble possible mention". :Biggrin:

We're in the "others receiving votes" column. It's a good start!! At least we are now in the conversation!!

Lunardi gave as an RPI of 52 as of today, up 10 spots. They project the top 48 RPI teams are all in at this point and the rest are Automatic Qualifiers. I'm kind of new to reading these tea leaves, but I think that doesn't necessarily mean we are four spots from being in (and it would likely be hard to move up much without winning out anyway), so I don't think we are "officially" on the bubble yet, or even "in the mix" at bubble. I think we are still only a "bubble possible mention". :Biggrin:

In the past 2 seasons, every eligible team with a RPI of 53 and above made it in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back