• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

XFL?

The XFL's home page and individual team pages look like they were developed as senior high school project. Seems like the team pages are managed by the league and not individual teams. Obviously it means nothing as the entertainment of the game, just found it interesting for a league with even a medium amount of hype to have such boring, archaic site with limited fan interaction. It's super early, but that's the #1 marketing tool that could be used to drive interest.

Last edited:

Yeah the league owns all the teams. Several different venues like Youtube etc.. for each team. These guys are pretty savvy so I think they will adjust marketing and interactive sources as the move forward.

The XFL's home page and individual team pages look like they were developed as senior high school project. Seems like the team pages are managed by the league and not individual teams. Obviously it means nothing as the entertainment of the game, just found it interesting for a league with even a medium amount of hype to have such boring, archaic site with limited fan interaction. It's super early, but that's the #1 marketing tool that could be used to drive interest.
I don't know if you saw the AAFL but those team sites were worse. As you say, not that relevant to the game but overall the XFL seems much better organized and manned.

Its great hearing the refs talk over penalties before they call it. They dont sound near as stupid as we thought they were! :Biggrin:

The only non-NFL professional league I ever had any interest in was the USFL. I doubt that will change with the XFL v2.0.

Just curious, why hasn’t anyone tried to revive the USFL? It was, by all accounts, the most successful of the NFL “little brothers.” Does someone still own the rights?

Just curious, why hasn’t anyone tried to revive the USFL? It was, by all accounts, the most successful of the NFL “little brothers.” Does someone still own the rights?
The USFL was big budget, trying to directly compete with the NFL. The XFL is trying to fill the void between the Super Bowl and fall camp. Also trying to keep spending down so as not to break the bank. Without TV revenue, the XFL will sink faster than the Titanic.

Me and a girlfriend saw Kap play in Mackay Stadium while he was still playing at Nevada, against Hawaii and the dude was awesome to watch. He let a some money, and his over inflated ego go straight to his head though. It's a shame too, I was a fan of his, but he just couldn't keep his big fat flapping gums shut. The most messed up thing about this is, he got that fat contract from that craptastic company nike. Screw the swoosh.

Watched the end of the Washington-NY game yesterday and some of the Dallas-LA game today. It looks like these guys are having fun and playing very hard. They aren't just going through the motions, it's pretty fun to watch. I hope this league survives.

Battle Hawks? What kind of stupid name is that?;) Roughnecks ain't much better either. Oh well, for those of you that enjoy this, more power to ya.

Battle Hawks? What kind of stupid name is that?;) Roughnecks ain't much better either. Oh well, for those of you that enjoy this, more power to ya.

I watched a behind the scenes special on Farah Fawcett that was extremely interesting. She was so pretty. But you are right for those that want to watch more power to you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back