• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

XFL rules prety interesting

Also looked at the stadiums. In many cases they are smaller stadiums. So should be more intimate. Here in DC it is at the DC United soccer stadium. I may have to take the grandson out for a game.

Also looked at the stadiums. In many cases they are smaller stadiums. So should be more intimate. Here in DC it is at the DC United soccer stadium. I may have to take the grandson out for a game.
IFAIK, that's a natural grass field. I'm guessing DC United won't be too thrilled about American football being played there. Tottenham players were pissed after the NFL games.

I like most of the rules except the OT nonsense. I can't understand why football games should be determined by different rules than how the game is played in regulation. I know I'm in the minority, but I have no problem with a game ending in a tie. For tiebreakers in playoffs, play a series of 1/2 quarters until someone wins.

Unofficially, here are XFL teams, their head coaches and ex-Huskers:

Dallas Renegades, Bob Stoops
DC Defenders, Pep Hamilton* - Jordan Westerkamp
Houston Roughnecks, June Jones
Los Angeles Wildcats, Winston Moss*
New York Guardians, Kevin Gilbride
St. Louis Battlehawks, Jonathan Hayes* - Brandon Reilly
Seattle Dragons, Jim Zorn - Mohammed Seisay
Tampa Bay Vipers, Marc Trestman - Jerald Foster, Alonzo Moore

Head coaches with an asterisk by their name are African-Americans. I did this because there was a conversation ESPN radio this morning about the Rooney Rule in the NFL and how it was created to avoid law suits, not because NFL owners care about their hiring practices.

Head coaches with an asterisk by their name are African-Americans. I did this because there was a conversation ESPN radio this morning about the Rooney Rule in the NFL and how it was created to avoid law suits, not because NFL owners care about their hiring practices.
I did not know Westy was playing for DC. All the more reason to make it out to one of the games.

Too bad we can't get teams in some smaller / non-traditional markets. But I guess that might make the chances for success (of the league) that much less.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back