• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Xavier Johnson > decommit to Pitt! > Transfer Portal > Indiana

Remember that time Nebraska recruited a guy who made an impact as a freshman, and got better each year? Ended up all conference, and was drafted into the NBA where he had a decent if not flashy career.

Maybe I'm just dreaming. Seems like it has been possible to get players to Nebraska in the past. With Miles it seems like everything has to fall in place perfectly rather than "things will be okay because we know what we are doing". Maybe that's just the way it looks from here.

Player development is really a huge issue at this point. It's an area Miles can address by hiring an assistant that is truly a teacher, but at this point I don't see that guy on the roster, or maybe Miles hasn't allowed him to develop that role. We could use more Ubels, and fewer Pitchfords. And don't misunderstand, we need Pitchfords as well, but we need a blend of skills.

I thought we were getting that Teacher in Kenya.

I really don’t know what his abilities were in that area. I don’t think we saw a huge uptick in development when he started. That may have been Miles limiting influence.

Will we get another crack at Xavier Johnson; Or will he get a crack at us?
(seems like the kind of player we've been recruiting ;) )

If I recall, Xavier told Trey McGowans about how Nebraska was a good place to be. Maybe now that McGowans has recruited his own little brother, Xavier will follow his advice to Trey? Not sure that Xavier would find a place to start at UNL next year.

T McGowans, Banton
B McGowans, XJ?, Tominaga
Allen, Stephenson, Lakes?
Mayen, Breidenbach, Arop
Walker, Eduardo, Ouedraogo

Last edited:
I'm not so sure. I understand he spoke favorably of Nebraska to Trey McGowens.

He doesn't belong here. He shoots free throws at over a 75% clip. He wouldn't fit in.
Teddy Allen, shooting 89% last year, says hello. Also, Trey McGowans shot over 70% both years at Pitt, and 64% this year for Nebrasketball. We can guess therefore that Xavier Johnson would shoot about 66% FT at Nebraska.

His game would fit in perfectly here and would fill a need.

But hasn’t he followed that one coach wherever he goes ? (can’t remember his name). That coach is no longer at Pitt. Not sure where he went.

His game would fit in perfectly here and would fill a need.

But hasn’t he followed that one coach wherever he goes ? (can’t remember his name). That coach is no longer at Pitt. Not sure where he went.

Kenya Hunter. Kenya is now at Indiana (Kenya went to UConn from here, so Xavier didn’t follow Kenya there, but you’re right, Xavier was a 100% Kenya guy when we signed him).

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back