• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wynden Ho'ohuli enters the transfer portal.

actually i think OU does have problems, 12 out, 8 in, and the talent leaving is way better than whats coming in.

It was kind of sarcasm. OU is still loaded.

Coaching change, so it’s understandable.

Venables will likely rub a bunch more kids the wrong way when Spring starts. Word around the campfire is he’s pretty demanding.

Last edited:
There's something about being alive for a large part of last century -- and now a good-sized chunk of this century. Not that I'm against living, but man.

Yeah, calendars with years at the top suck.

I’m starting not to like mirrors either.

It was kind of sarcasm. OU is still loaded.

Coaching change, so it’s understandable.

Venables will likely rub a bunch more kids the wrong way when Spring starts. Word around the campfire is he’s pretty demanding.
Funny how things travel in circles. I had a co-worker several years ago who was from Lawton, OK. She was a big Will Shields fan - she knew Will, reminded me every day almost where he was from. This lady was a librarian in an inner city junior high school - my office was in the back and as I'd walk through the library back to my office I'd hear "Boomer Sooner!" from her :rolleyes: Anyway, she called Venerables "Vulnerables." She couldn't stand the guy. Now he's back - and in charge. Wonder what she's saying about him now. :Lol:

Last edited:
Funny how things travel in circles. I had a co-worker several years ago who was from Lawton, OK. She was a big Will Shields fan - she knew Will, reminded me every day almost where he was from. This lady was a librarian in an inner city junior high school - my office was in the back and as I'd walk through the library back to my office I'd hear "Boomer Sooner!" from her :rolleyes: Anyway, she called Venerables "Vulnerables." She couldn't stand the guy. Now he's back - and in charge. Wonder what she's saying about him now. :Lol:

Sucks that he took off as he did have potential. On the other hand, if the twitter was right about his work ethic then it's better he left now.

This was a pretty tenuous relationship already as he signed more for Tuoiti and not as much for Nebraska. Additionally, the depth chart was pretty stacked around him.

- both returning starters at ILB, plus the 3rd guy there all returning. With youngsters like Gbayor, Malcolm, Kpai, Hausmann, on top of Henrich who's just a sophomore as well and Snodgrass also a sophomore now.

- And if it's outside where he was going to play, then we have Butler, Gunnerson as Rs-Freshman and Appleget coming in.

If we had some more immediate playing time (assuming the work ethic thing wasn't accurate) then we may have had some shot to keep him, but there aren't a lot of snaps for him right now in a crowded room (even including OLB)

Last edited:

If we had some more immediate playing time (assuming the work ethic thing wasn't accurate) then we may have had some shot to keep him, but there aren't a lot of snaps for him right now in a crowded room (even including OLB)
Yep and that's a good problem. Good luck to the lad, I wish him well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back