• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wyatt Mazour

Mazour had 11 carries last year, 5 of them vs. Michigan when we were looking for answers to a non-existent running game. With the RB room as full as it is, can we realistically believe he'll get many more than that in 2019?

Mazour gets touches best off the passing game. He's not the pound the rock 35 carries a game type. He's more of a 2nd or 3rd and long guy with a hands group in.

Wyatt plays so hard it seems. I would like to see the coaching staff develop plays that would get the ball to our walkons several times a game. I think it would be a good incentive for future walk ons and a nice reward for those young men that work so hard.

I was really impressed with Bradley a season ago, but seems he ended up in the dog house. I think the consensus is it’ll be a heavy mix of Mills and Wandale this year with your sprinkle of Wandale. I don’t think Mazour will go without carries. I just think it’s a little far fetched to believe he’ll jump all of our scholarship RB’s
If Wandale only gets a sprinkle, I will be concerned about him leaving.

While I don't know that I compare every white running back (though not full back) to each other, that is exactly what I am going to do here.

How does Mazour's game compare to similar sized (if what I am seeing is correct they are all really close to each other) husker/local players in recent history?

Rex Burkhead
Josh Davis
Danny Woodhead
It doesn't compare. Maybe a little to Davis.

Wyatt plays so hard it seems. I would like to see the coaching staff develop plays that would get the ball to our walkons several times a game. I think it would be a good incentive for future walk ons and a nice reward for those young men that work so hard.

Once we start winning and getting a lead you will see more walkons, but we need to win some games first, then the feel good stuff, but you are not wrong.

I would like to see the TMart - Burkhead - Abdullah option with Mazour in Burkhead's position at somepoint.

Yeah... great idea. Let's design plays away from the best players. That'll help recruiting. Go watch your VHS of Rudy again.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back