• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wyatt Mazour

Wyatt certainly won't play the role of decoy when he plays. People get excited when he comes in for a reason.

Yeah, we're up by 50
Exaggerate much? Swing and a miss...

SmoakWhiff.gif.opt_medium.gif

I& it’s RB by committee then WM is definitely not getting 10 touches.
Agree. If I had to guess I would think the committee would be Washington, MIlls, M. Jones. Who knows? It's possible that Rahmir Johnson could be in the mix. That would make a pretty darn good committee.

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Mike Riley hadn't compared Mazour to Danny Woodhead. I'm not knocking him. Mazour is a hard working young man and a great kid. But there seems to be better options in that RB room.

Agree. If I had to guess I would think the committee would be Washington, MIlls, M. Jones. Who knows? It's possible that Rahmir Johnson could be in the mix. That would make a pretty darn good committee.

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if Mike Riley hadn't compared Mazour to Danny Woodhead. I'm not knocking him. Mazour is a hard working young man and a great kid. But there seems to be better options in that RB room.
The RB room IS loaded with all the young talent brought in ... imagine if Greg Bell were still here!

Wasn’t he slated for the Duck R position at one point last year with Miles? I’m by no means saying he’s going to start, but he must be pretty talented to be considered for that role.

While I don't know that I compare every white running back (though not full back) to each other, that is exactly what I am going to do here.

How does Mazour's game compare to similar sized (if what I am seeing is correct they are all really close to each other) husker/local players in recent history?

Rex Burkhead
Josh Davis
Danny Woodhead

While I don't know that I compare every white running back (though not full back) to each other, that is exactly what I am going to do here.

How does Mazour's game compare to similar sized (if what I am seeing is correct they are all really close to each other) husker/local players in recent history?

Rex Burkhead
Josh Davis
Danny Woodhead
Mike Riley compared him favorably to Danny Woodhead. For whatever that is worth.

Rex Burkhead
Josh Davis
Danny Woodhead

I really didn't see as much of Woodhead in college for obvious reasons, but Mazour in the limited time I've seen of him is different from the others.

Davis, to me, was more of a slashing runner who was good at picking seams and maybe a single cut to get to the open. Burkhead wasn't super fast, but had great quickness and strength to go with really good wiggle/cutting, not to mention being able play like a WR in the passing offense.

based on limited viewing of him - Mazour doesn't have the wiggle that Burkhead had, but does have good explosiveness though the hole (probably better suited for Frost's system than Riley's), he can catch and can make a strong first cut, but he's not the cutback and find the seam guy like Davis as I think he dances a bit when he gets into space and I think he could be more decisive.

He's probably a better athlete than people give him credit for (he's quick to the edge and very quick through the line in the first 5 yards - top end speed seems good as well), but in the end, if he's good enough, Frost will figure out a way to use him... so we'll see this Spring and this fall

Wyatt is probably more of a poor man's Burkhead as compared to Woodhead. JMO

And as for Mazour seeing a role in Duck R...he's got to now compete against W. Robinson, along with JD, Jones, and some Mo. Tough rotation to crack for the kid.

I am sure WM is probably not going to get a ton of carries this year. There is too much talent on the team to allow him that. I imagine he will be on pretty much every special team. When I say I would be comfortable with him getting 10 touches it doesn't mean that I think he will be the starter or should be the starter. It means I think he is good enough to come into a game and get some things done. If 3 RB for what ever reason get hurt in a game and WM is forced to carry the load for a half I am confident he can get the job done.

Some of you guys read way too much into what is being said.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back