• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wyatt Mazour

Not sure any Husker fan saw Ozigbo rushing for 1,000 yards at the beginning of the season.

Fair enough. But he was always in the 2 or 3 deep at worst. Mazour had how many carries total all of last year? Ozigbo had at least been a fairly consistent contributor in the past.

I Skunk, approve of this here thread!

13775444_10202048828540092_474395478849219193_n.jpg

I wish him well...nearly every time I've had a chance to see him he makes plays, but when you are buried on the depth chart, it is tough to jump guys considered more athletic than you.
Not many gave Kade Warner much of a chance but he’s a starter. Not sure anyone will take his job.

Some of the greatest players of all time were not great guys in the weight room, nor did they fit prototypical looks. Mazour has a sense of urgency matched with football smarts. He might not be Devine Ozigbo, but he might be similar to a Rex Burkhead or Danny Whitehead. You utilize players for their strengths. Frost's offence actually can use a Wyatt Mazour with all his traps and screens, which allow a guy like Mazour to get free. Mazour is most dangerous in traffic, not so much as a pounder.

Last edited:

If he makes that jump it will be due to an injury outbreak at the position. And that will mean horrible things for our backfield.
That's one way to look at it. I was looking at it in a more positive manner. If the 4th string guy works so hard that he is able to jump everyone else (while they're working hard, too), then we will have a very impressive backfield.

I do agree with most folks that it's highly unlikely that Mazour becomes a starting running back at Nebraska. However, I think he very well could have a bigger impact on special teams.

There's no shame in walking on and getting limited playing time. Regardless out of how things go on the field this fall, he should be proudof what he's put into his career.

That's one way to look at it. I was looking at it in a more positive manner. If the 4th string guy works so hard that he is able to jump everyone else (while they're working hard, too), then we will have a very impressive backfield.

I do agree with most folks that it's highly unlikely that Mazour becomes a starting running back at Nebraska. However, I think he very well could have a bigger impact on special teams.

There's no shame in walking on and getting limited playing time. Regardless out of how things go on the field this fall, he should be proudof what he's put into his career.
Absolutely agree on all accounts. I do believe his touches will be very limited but he could still have an impact on the team via special teams. There's absolutely no shame in that and if guys had taken more pride in that role, we may have had one or two more victories this year. In the end, I'm a huge fan of the kid and hope he has an incredible senior campaign

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back