• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wrestling closes out the B1G conference duals by dominating Sparty

jacf

pwned, n00b!
2 Year Member
Huskers Smash Spartans, Win Seventh Straight Dual

we should have won all 10 bouts, but Studebaker got shoulder rolled in a match he was winning and got defensive pinned. it was crazy, and it looked like Stu had his shoulders up from what i saw. Manning got a team point taken away for unsportsmanlike conduct because he was giving the ref such an earful, and it looked like a BS call from what i saw.

otherwise, it was total domination. no one got very close and the Huskers were better on their feet, on top, and coming up from bottom. Greezy got a tech fall, and Abidin got a pin on a very good 133lber that was trying his luck at 141. Kokesh was thisclose to a tech fall too winning a major decision 14-1. our top guys looked every bit of their high rankings.

i mean seriously, the team's combined scores were Nebraska 86 and Sparty 21. 8 of Sparty's 21 points were escape points that Greezy gave up so he could get more takedowns! So we are really talking only about 10 earned points by Sparty in the whole dual. that's domination if i've ever seen it from top to bottom.

the boys are peaking at the right time for sure. Stanford will be a good one this Friday and it's the last time we get to see the fellas on TV before the B1G championships in March.

I only wrestled for one year in high school and won as much as I lost, and I haven't really kept up with it much since then, but at this point, How cool would it be for Nebraska to WIN It ALL......

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back