• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked WR Taariq Allen is N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know that, but then my next question is during a camp how much do those players get a chance to be around the other players? I know everyone is different, but like for Aaron Green it seems having a strong bond with a few of the players (excluding the obvious Andrew) may be just the factor that gets us to the top. A lot of times a big factor in a prospect choosing a school is how he bonds with a few of the players already on the team or other commits to that school.

I actually kinda wondered about that...

Right, so perhaps a big part of this has to do with TA wanting to make absolutely sure that we would have a spot for him before things fill up anymore....? I know we say we keep a spot for him and/or Onwuasor, but things could tighten up here in the next few weeks. Allen is 14, AG could be 15 and if we can get Jackson and Johnson from this next round of visits this weekend we're up to 17 and Onwuasor could make 18. I would assume we hold spots no matter what for guys like Peat, Hobbi, and Lyons. I know our predicted number is somewhere between 22-25 for this year, but if another 1 or 2 commit, I could see a few more following just to guarantee a spot. The number crunching could get fun... someone find FLAS!:cool:

Sitting at 5 slots now, which includes Heard should he quailfy. Past history...add a couple to that.

Sitting at 5 slots now, which includes Heard should he quailfy. Past history...add a couple to that.

So 25 would be a little strong, more along the lines of 20-22? If this is the case, how do you think our last 8? breakdown by position? I'm sure there is a wish list and after this weekend a few things might be cleared up, but do we have guys we are 'keeping at bay' waiting on a few others to decide?

The nice thing is that the scout info is incorrect and he is up to 191. I do not have a link as it is a paysite, but thats alot better than 180 and he is only gonna get bigger and stronger when he gets to NU.

191 isn't a bad size for a WR coming in. In HS I was 195 when I got my offers from UTEP and Baylor. By the time summer came I was at 205 and this was without the workout and nutrition program NU has. I'm not worried about his size at all.

Oh I know that, but then my next question is during a camp how much do those players get a chance to be around the other players? I know everyone is different, but like for Aaron Green it seems having a strong bond with a few of the players (excluding the obvious Andrew) may be just the factor that gets us to the top. A lot of times a big factor in a prospect choosing a school is how he bonds with a few of the players already on the team or other commits to that school.

I actually kinda wondered about that...

Right, so perhaps a big part of this has to do with TA wanting to make absolutely sure that we would have a spot for him before things fill up anymore....? I know we say we keep a spot for him and/or Onwuasor, but things could tighten up here in the next few weeks. Allen is 14, AG could be 15 and if we can get Jackson and Johnson from this next round of visits this weekend we're up to 17 and Onwuasor could make 18. I would assume we hold spots no matter what for guys like Peat, Hobbi, and Lyons. I know our predicted number is somewhere between 22-25 for this year, but if another 1 or 2 commit, I could see a few more following just to guarantee a spot. The number crunching could get fun... someone find FLAS!:cool:

Yes Sir. And we have some quality guys committed and on the bubble. Why wouldn't a kid want to be apart of the Big Red Monster that is the Huskers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back