• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked WR recruits are becoming more and more interested in NU: Stringfellow very interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to edit the premium stuff out....you can't post that....the rest is okay as it was on the 'free' page...

Well I'm not surprised....tough to get a kid to flip from a west coast school....I'm sure UDub was as his house as soon as he got home...

Well the staff tried..:)

Last edited:

I had to edit the premium stuff out....you can't post that....the rest is okay as it was on the 'free' page...

Well I'm not surprised....tough to get a kid to flip from a west coast school....I'm sure UDub was as his house as soon as he got home...

Well the staff tried..:)

He's still planning on signing with UDub but is still going to take two more visits to Arizona State and Ohio State. He apparently really enjoys the 'process' so I dunno if I would shut the door completely on this just yet. He didn't flip, but he is still looking around.

Still allot of chatter that he is interested in Nebraska....guess we will see...

He's still planning on signing with UDub but is still going to take two more visits to Arizona State and Ohio State. He apparently really enjoys the 'process' so I dunno if I would shut the door completely on this just yet. He didn't flip, but he is still looking around.

He's going to visit Ohio State next.

The staff is looking at him to take over Quincy's role, but this will be an uphill battle to land him.

5th highest rated WR in the country.

If he flips, I sure hope it isn't to OSU. Would much rather have him just stay with Washington.

How much heat on Sarkisian's chair? Heard some rumblings somewhere last week that things aren't going well.

Living in the NW, in Husky territory, I can tell you he is fine. On days when I dont have my sirius radio, I am forced to listen to local sports radio and there is NO talk of wanting Sark out.

The Huskies have played 5 teams who were ranked in the top 9 in the USA Today/Coaches Poll when they played them (#3 LSU, #9 Stanford, #2 Oregon, #9 USC, #7 Oregon State) and they won 2 of them and had a chance to beat USC, really. Fans around here are excited about his recruiting prowess and reputation from USC.

Washington was 0-12 the year before Sarkisian took over. When Sark was hired in 2009, Washington had not won 6 games in a season since 2003. In fact, since going 6-6 in 2003, the Husky program was 12-47 from '04-'08. In his first year with the Huskies they beat #3 USC. Then his sophomore season he beat 3 Top 25 teams, including a sleeping Nebraska team in the Holiday Bowl. Overall Sarkisian has recruited better than any other Pac 12 team outside of USC and Oregon and thats pretty impressive considering how far the Washington program had fallen under Tyrone Willingham. They are a team on the upswing, they played the meat of the schedule. Dont be shocked to see them win out and go 8-4.

From the mid 80's through the late 90's, Washington was one of the better progams in the country. They fell real far but fans around here are confident Sarkisian is the guy to get them back to their heyday of the early 90's. Whether they are right or not I dont know, just the opinion of the fanbase (of which I am not a part of).

They've got a bunch of good recruiters up there ... one of the best bunches in the country.

No doubt, IMPO the 3rd best staff in the Pac 12. Tosh Lupoi, who I have gushed about on here too many times to count, is responsible for 7 commitments for UW so far (including Husker target Sean Harlow)....from 5 different states (Washington(2), California(2), Texas, Louisiana, Oregon).

And LB coach Peter Sirmon is probably the second best recruiter on staff. I like him as a coach a lot.

On an unimportant side-note, I personally love what Steve Sarkisian did in delegating coaching duties. I love that he dedicated one of his 9 assistant coaches (Johnny Nansen) to the roles of Recruiting Coordinator and Special Teams Coach only. IMPO recruiting coordinator is the most important coach on a teams staff next to the coordinators. If I were putting a college staff together, I would employ the same strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back