• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR/RB Will Nixon is N

Intersting tid bit Sipple said on The Ticket this morning that Nixon committed to the staff last week. Waited until Monday to go public. Before Watts committed to Norte Dame

Intersting tid bit Sipple said on The Ticket this morning that Nixon committed to the staff last week. Waited until Monday to go public. Before Watts committed to Norte Dame
And the plot thickens. I know this is a bad joke, but is it possible we cooled on Watts? The reason I think this "MAY" be the case. Maybe the kid was playing some games with the staff and they just got tired of it and moved on. May is the key word in that sentence.

And the plot thickens. I know this is a bad joke, but is it possible we cooled on Watts? The reason I think this "MAY" be the case. Maybe the kid was playing some games with the staff and they just got tired of it and moved on. May is the key word in that sentence.

No we did not cool on him

We would still take him in a heartbeat

No we did not cool on him

We would still take him in a heartbeat

The point being that some folk thought we took him because Watts went to Notre Dame. As was stated in this thread and elsewhere we would have taken both. The staff was and is very high on both of them

Ill get back on topic.
Dont agree. henrich and Nelson were coming anway. Nice gets in hannah and Gunnerson. But there are 4 lbs that start. our numbers are down. I wouldnt say they've done a horrible job, but we missed enough since they've got here and have underachieved on numbers.
Hopefully they close hard and prove me wrong.
Heinrich himself has stated that he was NOT coming to NU. Then the coaching change came...

Ill get back on topic.
Dont agree. henrich and Nelson were coming anway. Nice gets in hannah and Gunnerson. But there are 4 lbs that start. our numbers are down. I wouldnt say they've done a horrible job, but we missed enough since they've got here and have underachieved on numbers.
Hopefully they close hard and prove me wrong.
From everything I have read Henrich was anything but a lock. Ruud worked his tail off to get him.

Do you think he projects better as a DB or WR for us long term? His highlight reel seems like he's an obvious WR/RB in our system but curious why ND would rather have him on defense

A few teams liked him more in the secondary, Notre Dame was his only finalist that preferred him there. For Nixon it came down to wanting to play offense more because the Irish were his top choice, but they wanted him on defense. He's a really good fit in Nebraska's offense, though. Probably a better decision for him IMPO

Coach Frost has given his blessing for him to play baseball too

Nice! Any word on Hutchmaker and wrestling ay Nebraska? Unfortunately the seasons do overlap more than FB/track or FB/baseball. Wonder if Nash will workout with the wrestlers like Tanner Farmer did.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back