• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR/RB Will Nixon is N

lb has been a struggle for some reason. Even last year, 2 really great lbs but one was from Omaha and probably easy to some extent to recruit. Love our 2 lb coaches but recruiting has been sub par so far from them. Hopefully they close well this year still

Could not disagree more

In 2019

Henrich was a consensus 4 star and for the record he was not a given. Staff had to work hard to get his commit. Had the coaching change not been made he probably would not have ended at NE

Hannah 4 star rated by 247 who many experts believe may have been the steal of the class out of TN. Huge get

Nelson a NE kid who Frost said we had to have in the program due to his physicality, work ethic and leadership. Big get

Not to mention Graham the kid out of AL

They just closed on Gunnerson who by all accounts once he is healthy again is a solid 4 star talent. Look no further than the recent FNL Camp that he dominated and was the talk of the weekend. N2FL has him ranked the #3 recruit in the class

Trending towards NE is Bryant-Strother the #17 Composite ILB in the country

Ruud has done a fantastic job recruiting the position

Anyway sorry to hijack the thread

Last edited:

Could not disagree more

In 2019

Henrich was a consensus 4 star and for the record he was not a given. Staff had to work hard to get his commit. Had the coaching change not been made he probably would not have ended at NE

Hannah 4 star rated by 247 who many experts believe may have been the steal of the class out of TN. Huge get

Nelson a NE kid who Frost said we had to have in the program due to his physicality, work ethic and leadership. Big get

They just closed on Gunnerson who by all accounts once he is healthy again is a solid 4 star talent. Look no further than the recent FNL Camp that he dominated and was the talk of the weekend. N2FL has him ranked the #3 recruit in the class

Ill get back on topic.
Dont agree. henrich and Nelson were coming anway. Nice gets in hannah and Gunnerson. But there are 4 lbs that start. our numbers are down. I wouldnt say they've done a horrible job, but we missed enough since they've got here and have underachieved on numbers.
Hopefully they close hard and prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Wandale was the composite #1 APB in the entire country. Nixon is the composite 105th ranked WR in the country.

I think he fits what we want to do tho. Good get for us.

Like you said Nixon fits the Duck R role to a T. His film is really impressive too

Intresting to look back on high rank WR "fails". K Johnson and T Lindsey from the same class both 4 stars Johnson #44 and Lindsey #7 in the composite rankings. As a friend said recently 4 star production does not always equal 4 star talent.

Hopefully all of the recent gets step up and help take us back where we should be

Ill get back on topic.
Dont agree. henrich and Nelson were coming anway. Nice gets in hannah and Gunnerson. But there are 4 lbs that start. our numbers are down. I wouldnt say they've done a horrible job, but we missed enough since they've got here and have underachieved on numbers.
Hopefully they close hard and prove me wrong.

What and who have they missed on that we had a real chance to land? Keep in mind this is only their second class as a staff as the first one was trying to hang on to the mess Riley left. Based on their first full class last year they have accounted themselves very well. They brought in 4 LBs to include two highly rated ones. I would not call that under achieving.

Yes they are having to rebuild the LB core as it was a mess when they got it here.

Last edited:
Seems to me we are really thin at wide receiver . I hope the staff can get some studs. Other than Spielman and Warner I don’t know who will even contribute this year. I feel a lot better at linebacker with Honas, Heinrich, Nelson , and Hannah. Lots of work to do the next couple years.

Seems to me we are really thin at wide receiver . I hope the staff can get some studs. Other than Spielman and Warner I don’t know who will even contribute this year. I feel a lot better at linebacker with Honas, Heinrich, Nelson , and Hannah. Lots of work to do the next couple years.

Agree which is why Nixon committing was important. Kid who fits the scheme to boot. No we need to go tie Manning up and secure a couple of more

I think Robinson for one will contribute this season

Wandale was the composite #1 APB in the entire country. Nixon is the composite 105th ranked WR in the country.

I think he fits what we want to do tho. Good get for us.

“We make our own rankings.”

— Bo Peliini

:Lol:

Can’t wait to see what both of these guys can do..

Could not disagree more

In 2019

I would say not a high jack since you used the minimum amount of words posts to set the other poster straight and get it back on track.

Agree which is why Nixon committing was important. Kid who fits the scheme to boot. No we need to go tie Manning up and secure a couple of more

I think Robinson for one will contribute this season
We have a few young guys coming in at receiver but they are all so skinny. It will be better in a couple years. Very excited about Nixon. I really want that 6’3” guy who can go up and get the ball. I always wonder what was wrong with Mcquitty.

Could not disagree more

In 2019

I think Ruud has done a good job for being a first time coach. Plus, Dewitt probably had a little bit more to worry about than recruiting in the past few months...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back