• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR coach?

I think they are giving Mickey a fair amount of time to see if his personal problems can be "settled down".

If there was not sever physical injury then his wife has a "fork in the road" to discuss with her lawyer.
One fork: go for severe criminal charges for Mickey, in which case he will not be working as a coach for many years, if ever. Bad news for her is that his ability to provide financial support for her and her, I believe six children is gone.

Second fork: Quietly withdraw charges, her lawyer sets up, from a position of strength, a great divorce settlement with alimony and child support, which he can now pay since he would be employable and never contact her again.
She could even "support him" in getting the WR coach job at DONU and then officially divorce him in the spring.

I am sure her lawyer is advising her to take fork #2 as the best option for her family.

This maybe why the WR job remains open.
The Mickey Joseph train has left the station. I read that his court date isn't until sometime next month - I doubt Rhule is going to hold the door open for him. His reputation took a fatal or near fatal hit (even if charges are dropped). I'd bet other programs would use that against him personally and the Husker program in recruiting wars.

We've been down the "win at all cost" road before and it always comes back to bite ya.

Ex qbs on staff appears to be the kiss of death to me
832649D9-4850-4614-9B33-DA220EDD46FE.jpeg

That has been and always will be based on …. You guessed it the HEAD COACH not the assistants

The Mickey Joseph train has left the station. I read that his court date isn't until sometime next month - I doubt Rhule is going to hold the door open for him. His reputation took a fatal or near fatal hit (even if charges are dropped). I'd bet other programs would use that against him personally and the Husker program in recruiting wars.

It's left the station and has crested the horizon. Zero chance he'll be coaching in Lincoln next year. Even if the charges are dropped or he pleas to a lesser charge, he needs to lay low and work on himself before coaching again at any level.

I think they are giving Mickey a fair amount of time to see if his personal problems can be "settled down".

If there was not sever physical injury then his wife has a "fork in the road" to discuss with her lawyer.
One fork: go for severe criminal charges for Mickey, in which case he will not be working as a coach for many years, if ever. Bad news for her is that his ability to provide financial support for her and her, I believe six children is gone.

Second fork: Quietly withdraw charges, her lawyer sets up, from a position of strength, a great divorce settlement with alimony and child support, which he can now pay since he would be employable and never contact her again.
She could even "support him" in getting the WR coach job at DONU and then officially divorce him in the spring.

I am sure her lawyer is advising her to take fork #2 as the best option for her family.

There is no quietly withdrawing charges. This isn’t a civil case. Mickey will not be back no matter what and frankly the backlash that it would cause is not worth it. Mickey is easily replaceable with the salary they were willing to pay him. He is not an option.

Last edited:

She doesn't have any authority to withdraw charges. That's within the sole discretion of the county attorney. If the stuff in the affidavit of PC is accurate, I doubt charges would just get dropped.

I'd be shocked if either Rhule or Trev would consider letting Mickey stay on staff after punching his wife. The PR nightmare wouldn't be worth it. I believe she can't change her story after the fact regardless of what her intentions are at this point.
She can no longer wish to assist in prosecution and they may not continue with the criminal side of things if the prosecutor makes that call. I dont know about Nebraska but in Missouri you dont need a cooperating victim to continue because of evidence that has allready been gathered....

She can no longer wish to assist in prosecution and they may not continue with the criminal side of things if the prosecutor makes that call. I dont know about Nebraska but in Missouri you dont need a cooperating victim to continue because of evidence that has allready been gathered....
Absolutely correct at least in my state. Having said that when victims refuse to testify (happens all the time) the DV case is greatly weakened and it's usually reduced down to a slap on the wrist. Having said that Mickey will be lucky to ever get a decent coaching job again because "cancel culture" will dog his every step.

Are either of those qualified? Not sure lord is even a coach…. That’s right, as an alumni, career choices doesn’t really matter. but for sure gdowski is disqualified as he was far to accurate to be on the list ;)
Gdowski definitely is was WR coach and OC at Vanderbilt for several years with 25 years coaching,Last I knew though had left coaching and working in Banking in Nashville. Mike Grant is WR coach Passing coordinator at Wyoming last 7 years and has around 30 years coaching experience

Gdowski definitely is was WR coach and OC at Vanderbilt for several years with 25 years coaching,Last I knew though had left coaching and working in Banking in Nashville. Mike Grant is WR coach Passing coordinator at Wyoming last 7 years and has around 30 years coaching experience
Was going to say this... Gdowski appears to be out of coaching for now.

Tommy Armstrong is a very new, passionate coach if you wanted to go that way.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back