• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wow, we could have had a V-8

he implied that what he had was better than burrow. That looks pretty dumb with the benefit of hindsight.
It may have been posted elsewhere, but in the interview that aired during Gameday last week, Burrow was asked how much recruiting attention he received in high school from Nebraska. His response was blunt: "none, none".

I was surprised when I heard this. The narrative on this site from the insiders is that Pelini's staff recruited Joe but not hard enough, then Riley made a significant push but it was "too late". So Joe must be lying I suppose.

Last edited:

Damn, you are right. I stand corrected, I guess you are THE Trent Walz.

Yes, I have known your parents for several years. I used to live in Valentine.
Me too... not too many years ago, and for most of my life. Cherry county anyway... not exactly Valentine but close.

197108D1-D67A-4983-AAD0-4BBC1B7D8C94.gif

It may have been posted elsewhere, but in the interview that aired during Gameday last week, Burrow was asked how much recruiting attention he received in high school from Nebraska. His response was blunt: "none, none".

I was surprised when I heard this. The narrative on this site from the insiders is that Pelini's staff recruited Joe but not hard enough, then Riley made a significant push but it was "too late". So Joe must be lying I suppose.
From all I have read and heard Nebraska never contacted him in high school.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back