• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked wow..talk about SEC domination

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cfn.scout.com/2/1135504.html

Somebody else posted this elsewhere, but I think that we all need to relax on this SEC love. The PAC X was not all that impressive last season and their champion played the SEC champion down to the end of the game. The SEC is top heavy right now, and they clearly are the best conference, but to say that they are "head and shoulders" above the rest as Sagarin is implying here and as I've heard people say before, I think is kind of ridiculous and in fact insults the teams that have won these past 5 championships because it implies that they didn't have to beat substantial teams in the BCS championship game.

Cleaned it up for you.

And it's not quite a clean sweep - they predicted Purdue over Tennessee. For what it's worth, I think that Nebraska would beat Mississippi State, Illinois could take Auburn and Minnesota could beat Kentucky, too.

RankSEC TeamBig Ten TeamResult
1LSUWisconsinLSU by 16
2AlabamaMichiganAlabama by 14
3ArkansasMichigan StateArkansas by 6
4Mississippi StateNebraskaMississippi State by 4
5South CarolinaPenn StateSouth Carolina by 6
6GeorgiaOhio StateGeorgia by 10
7FloridaIowaFlorida by 1
8AuburnIllinoisAuburn by 5
9VanderbiltNorthwesternVanderbilt by 6
10TennesseePurduePurdue by 4
11KentuckyMinnesotaKentucky by 2
12Ole MissIndianaOle Miss by 7

<tbody>
</tbody>

The SEC is a big breasted blonde. Top heavy, but after you get pass the obvious assets, you realize theres really nothing special about having her around other than the fact she can turn a head or two.

Last edited:
I just happened to look at todays Sagarin ratings and if you go down the list in order of conference team rankings look how the BIG stacks up

SEC#1 LSU BIG #1 WISC LSU BY 16
#2 ALA MICH ALA BY 14
#3 AR MSU AR BY 6
#4 MSU NEB MSU BY 4
#5 SC PSU SC BY 6
#6 GA TOSU GA BY 10
#7 FL IA FL BY 1
#8 AU IL AU BY 5
#9 VAN NW VAN BY 6
#10 TN PUR PUR BY 4
#11 KY MN KY BY 2
SEC#12 MS IN MS BY 7

Would be a clean sweep if the computer whiz was right

yeah...but can the SEC do this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HhR126555NA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With 3 Big Ten vs. SEC matchups during bowl season, we'll have a pretty good idea how the second tier of each conference compares soon enough.

the incorrect column is being used -- if you are attempting to predict matchups between two teams.

PURE POINTS is also known as PREDICTOR, BALLANTINE, RHEINGOLD, WHITE OWL and is the best single PREDICTOR of future games.</pre>

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

LSU vs Wisconsin... LSU would be favored by 6 (not 16).

There is actually only a 0.11 differential between Nebraska and South Carolina, thus Sagarin's poll is calling it a pick 'em.

Nebraska would be favored by 7 over Mississippi State.

It might help if the humans knew how to correctly utilize the computers. ;)

MY WORD!!!! Does no one remember that KENTUCKY beat TENNESSEE 10 -7 playing AT KENTUCKY with a wide receiver playing QB and now you tell me PURDUE would lose to TENNESSEE. KENTUCKY and MINNESOTA would be a scoreless tie. That computer p[program is screwed up

I know that Iowa has loved playing SEC teams in their bowl games over the years. Seems like the Hawkeyes have them figured out.

With 3 Big Ten vs. SEC matchups during bowl season, we'll have a pretty good idea how the second tier of each conference compares soon enough.[/QUOTE

over the years the SEC has be handing the B1G their _ _ _ 's . NU for some reason owns games vs SEC, especially LSU . Go figure.
Our "ownership" of the SEC is pretty much an Osborne phenomenon.
On the other hand, while the top two teams in the SEC are awfully good, the rest of the conference doesn't seem better than the second tier of other conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back