• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Wow, guess I was dead wrong on the Texas recruiting drop-off theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska has and always will be able to recruit nationwide. Nebraska is a football brand that is known well outside it's own conference footprint. That's one of the reasons we were invited to join the Big 10 in the first place. NU has recruited on both coasts on a pretty consistant basis and last time I checked none of the conference schools were ever located on either coast. NU is on national tv enough that a kid who plays football has seen our games and knows the name.

There are tens of thousands of UNL alums living in Texas. I have seen stats on this and it isn't even close. I will see if I can get my hands on something. I grow tired of the Texas bashing. There's a lot of d*#! support down here for the program. I think that the state of Texas has been very, very good for UNL and its athletics programs.

If you win and treat kids with respect regardless if they are walk-on's or big time recruits and create a family atmosphere the kind of kids we want will come to Nebraska and compete.....our hsitory and traditon helps, but the staff is who sells the program and who kids build relationships with and trust and our staff has shown they have integrity and have shown they are A+ coaches to boot....

That is why kids come to Nebraska....its why I chose the school I did....as I am sure many of you did.....

Well said! With this staff I think we'll recruit just fine down here in Texas, along with lots of other places around the country. They are just getting started.

There are tens of thousands of UNL alums living in Texas. I have seen stats on this and it isn't even close. I will see if I can get my hands on something. I grow tired of the Texas bashing. There's a lot of d*#! support down here for the program. I think that the state of Texas has been very, very good for UNL and its athletics programs.

Agreed. We're everywhere down here because of the great job market (for years) and warm weather. Plus Nebraskans and Texans have alot in common; that is why so many of us love it down here. We fit right in with the culture. Expansion isn't done so we may be seeing some of our old buddies again on the field, only on the better terms of the Big 10. However, I'm still not a Texas football fan, although I love the University itself.

Got any proof of that? I know Arizona and California have their fair share.

I was shocked that there were so many Huskers here in Colorado. They say well over 100k, Don't know how they come to that conclusion but I believe it.

I was shocked that there were so many Huskers here in Colorado. They say well over 100k, Don't know how they come to that conclusion but I believe it.

My husband and I have many relatives in Colorado, and most are native Nebraskans and Nebraska fans. I don't doubt it for a minute. Alot of grads in the 70s moved to the Denver area for the job market. Same with the KC area.

I never did understand the logic behind people saying our recruiting would fall off in Texas. We have 12 players on the roster from CA, and we don't play there at all. I think we will continue to do well in Texas.

That is...I figured our recruiting in the Lone Star State would fall off dramatically with a move to the Rust Belt Conference. NOT SO, SO FAR!!

I'm glad I was wrong, and I hope that I continue to be!

I never did understand the logic behind people saying our recruiting would fall off in Texas. We have 12 players on the roster from CA, and we don't play there at all. I think we will continue to do well in Texas.

I never understood the logic of why we do so good in CA since we don't play there, but we do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back