• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Would it be better for us to make a solid run in the NIT?

I'm not necessarily predicting it, but there is no reason we can't make another run down the stretch to the NCAA's this year. Our Defense is even better than last year's. The game against Northwestern showed just how explosive our offense can be if things start to click. When we are hitting on all cylinders, we can beat anybody in the league!

Hang in there, Merle! We'll get to see our first Tournament Win yet!

Yes! Indeed!! YESSS!!! This is what I want to hear. Last season, about this time, I went mad and predicted that the Huskers would finish the conference season just like they ended up doing. So why not? The biggest roadblock to such dreaming will be the road game tomorrow at Boyland. Won't be easy for this team, but if they can somehow rid themselves of this season's road malaise and play halfway decently, they can win at P St, and then we can go from there!

ALL ABOARD!! 80+ proof only!

Last edited:

I've been thinking that March Madness seems like a long shot for NU hoops - and even if we managed to scrape our way in, we'd probably get jacked in the first round.

I personally think we might fare better running a round or two deep into the NIT if we can get in. Normally, I'm not a fan of settling for less - but I think I'd rather see some successful late season tournament wins than to watch us get up-ended by Kentucky in the first round.

you're kidding right?

would you rather the football team play in the buffalo wild wings bowl because they'd have a better chance to win or play in a new year's day bowl?

when was the last time ANYONE cared about the NIT?

I still think we are NIT bound, if we can get over .500....

Big Ten Conference (5.9 Projected Bids)
Projected SeedCurrent Record & Projected FinishNCAA Tournament Bid OddsSeed Projection Detail
SeedS-CurveTeamProj W/LBidAuto BidAt Large BidAvg Seed1-4 Seed1 Seed
14Wisconsin (20-2)27-4100%46%54%1.5100%61%
622Ohio State (17-6)23-898%28%70%6.124%0%
624Maryland (19-4)24-796%4%91%6.718%0%
936Indiana (16-7)21-1076%2%73%8.93%0%
934Michigan St (15-7)20-1174%8%66%8.64%0%
935Iowa (14-8)20-1171%4%67%8.62%0%
1456Purdue (15-8)19-1234%2%31%8.81%0%
Illinois (15-8)19-1230%3%27%9.70%0%
Minnesota (14-9)18-136%2%4%10.80%0%
Nebraska (13-9)15-152%0%2%11.00%0%
Michigan (13-10)15-152%0%2%11.30%0%
Rutgers (10-14)11-200%0%0%0.00%0%
Penn State (14-9)16-150%0%0%12.60%0%
Northwestern (10-12)12-190%0%0%15.40%0%

<tbody>
</tbody>

While the NIT is never a "Goal" versus the NCAA, but if that is where we end up, we Should Strive to WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING..... However, I think we will be lucky if we get invited to the CBI this year..... If that is the case, should we, as Nebraska, turn that down? NO, We should not, we should Strive to WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING.....

NU would have to lose out to miss the cbi. And even then they might still get an invite. I think I read somewhere that the .500 rule is no longer. NU will be playing basketball after the big 10 tourney.

I've been thinking that March Madness seems like a long shot for NU hoops - and even if we managed to scrape our way in, we'd probably get jacked in the first round.

I personally think we might fare better running a round or two deep into the NIT if we can get in. Normally, I'm not a fan of settling for less - but I think I'd rather see some successful late season tournament wins than to watch us get up-ended by Kentucky in the first round.

NCAA?????????? Not. NIT???? May not even make that. What an ugly first half effort

Yes! Indeed!! YESSS!!! This is what I want to hear. Last season, about this time, I went mad and predicted that the Huskers would finish the conference season just like they ended up doing. So why not? The biggest roadblock to such dreaming will be the road game tomorrow at Boyland. Won't be easy for this team, but if they can somehow rid themselves of this season's road malaise and play halfway decently, they can win at P St, and then we can go from there!

ALL ABOARD!! 80+ proof only!

Ugggggghhhhh! :confused::confused:
I just regained consciousness, hung-over or what-not.

Well, that's what you get from unrestrained optimism, and as everyone knows, I am the eternal optimist.:Biggrin::Biggrin:

It is hopeless, my friends.:eek:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back