• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Worst G5 losses in CFP era

wcbsas

All Big 10
20 Year Member
Ouch

1684356526957.jpeg

This just shows how bad the coaching has been at Nebraska. To have 3 of the top 17, is pathetic and embarrassing. A well prepared team loses none of those 3 games. Hell, I’d argue that even a bad coach should have won all of those games. NU has just been putrid. It will take big game wins to turn Nebraska's fortunes around nationally. Going 8-4 and losing to all the good teams you play won’t get it. Have to start beating Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. Need to win one of these types of games soon.

FYI.

Big Game Boomer is John Whitaker. He was a student at OU, hence the name. Started his Twitter and making college football lists in November 2020. He's a college football fan. That's it. No more qualified to make lists than anyone here. Just proof that literally anyone can become a virtual star, online "expert" or social media influencer these days.

If he becomes a poster here, I'll debate him. Otherwise, I can't react to a dude whose qualifications are that he can make lists and post them online. :) Saying hello to Sir Yacht.

Last edited:

I would have thought Mechicken-Appalachian State would have made the list?
CFP era. I believe that pre-dated the CFP.
Appalachian State is far better than any of the teams Nebraska lost to, at least in the past decade. That happened in 2007, or something like that.
Appalachian State was FCS, not G5, when they became the first FCS team to beat a ranked FBS school in 2007. Worst P5 losses to FCS teams would be a different list.

Arkansas on the list 5 times in the first 40. Only 9 years in the CFP ERA

Last edited:

Am I the only one who feels like the Georgia Southern loss was worse than the Northern Illinois one?

We lost to Northern Illinois because we threw two pick-six's in the 1st quarter. We lost to Georgia Southern because we were incapable of remotely slowing down their offense. Northern Illinois beat us but only managed 213 yards of total offense, while Georgia Southern flogged us for 642. Northern Illinois felt a tad fluky, Georgia Southern felt like we deserved to lose.

Am I the only one who feels like the Georgia Southern loss was worse than the Northern Illinois one?

We lost to Northern Illinois because we threw two pick-six's in the 1st quarter. We lost to Georgia Southern because we were incapable of remotely slowing down their offense. Northern Illinois beat us but only managed 213 yards of total offense, while Georgia Southern flogged us for 642. Northern Illinois felt a tad fluky, Georgia Southern felt like we deserved to lose.
From what I remember, NIU was considered to be a pretty good team over the years back then with some history of punching above their perceived weight.

GS was terrible the year before we played them, fired their coach . . . and I think switched from the option to the spread. And we still lost to them. So I'd fully agree that GS was the worst loss.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back