• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

World's healthiest 30-minute cookies

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member
These cookies help scrub cholesterol away rather than adding it in.

Ingredients and instructions: ............................Substitute ingredients:
1 cup egg whites....................................................1 cup Egg Beaters, or 4 eggs.
2 ripe bananas (mashed)..........................................¾ c. applesauce or ¾ c. canola oil
1 tsp vanilla...........................................................maple extract?
1/2 tsp salt...........................................................omit salt
0 tsp to 1 cup brown sugar.......................................honey, agave nectar
1 cup raisins...........................................................craisins or dates
Unsalted sunflower seeds.......................................peanuts, almonds?
1 tsp cinnamon......................................................Clove? Ginger? Nutmeg?
4 cups old fashioned oatmeal

Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Stir in oatmeal last, combining thoroughly.

Spread on parchment paper on cookie sheet in rows appx 2 inches wide
Take spoon and separate and shape individual cookies to ½ inch thick and appx 2 inches diameter.

Bake 17 minutes at 350 degrees. Eat in same day or store in refrigerator or freezer (cookies have no preservatives!) Experiment with spices and ingredients in future batches.

Last edited:
look pretty good. good trail food?

Great trail/travel food. The only unknown is how long they would be safe in the heat over time. We usually store the uneaten cookies in the fridge after the first day or so - don't even know why really.

I adapted this recipe after my last physical. After a couple years I'm interested in seeing how the numbers turn out.

No way...:mad:

I didn't see any butter or shortening nor flour... and I like real eggs... Oatmeal is fine, but only in smaller amounts... and where are the chocolate chips...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back