• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WORLD SERIES

Carpenter would have been on short rest, if he pitched tonight, I thought I heard.

Anyone know for sure? He will be DYNOMITE!!!!!!

Well, fellas, going downstairs to have a drink. I think we earned one, don't you? We'll all have one for Hamilton...................and, Freese, of course!

Merle, when you read this, congrats to your Cards. Whatever folks think of LaRussa, he is gettin' 'er done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going dancing tomorrow nite, but I will record the game, for sure. Enjoy, folks!! :)

Last edited:
Okay gang, exciting game for sure. Tough loss for Texas but the Cardinals were not to be denied in this game.

Cardinals scored 6 runs between innings 8-11. Unacceptable for a bullpen.

That pinch hitter in top 11 made the difference.

Agree, the Ranger bullpen didn't come thru at all in this game. Texas will have plenty of time in the offseason to ponder this loss should they lose the series.

What a great baseball game! Twice the Cardinals were within one strike of losing the World Series and they come back to tie the game. Freese was incredible. A game tying triple and a game winning home run. I believe the ball was playable by a good outfielder on Freese's triple. Nelson Cruz did not look good on that play. I'm glad he missed it.

For me, this game was proof positive that the National League game is superior to the American League game. The managers had to manage. pitchers played a role at the plate. LaRussa exhausted his supply of position players and was using pitchers as pinch hitters. It made for a lot of drama and added to the excitement. I'm getting off my soapbox and going to bed.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Even thought my team lost, that was the best baseball game I have ever seen. Wow.

Washington made some horrible decisions, IMO. My friends think I'm crazy when I say he's just not a good gameday manager...this game was just another example. Sure he's funny to laugh at when he dances around like a crackhead, but those calls were terrible.

It will be one helluva mountain to climb for the Rangers to win Game 7.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back