• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

World Junior's, best tournament

Husker North

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
love the Junior championships. Christmas tradition. Canada off to decent start. 5-3 win over the Russians. USA and Sweden look good. Always a hit when played in Canada. Lots of sell outs. Crowds are always good.

love the Junior championships. Christmas tradition. Canada off to decent start. 5-3 win over the Russians. USA and Sweden look good. Always a hit when played in Canada. Lots of sell outs. Crowds are always good.

USA with a 6-1 win. Would like to see this competition played in a different country each year instead of primarily in Canada. Would be good for the sport and not give one country a bit of an edge each time.

I agree look forward to it each year.

Hope all is well for you? You in Arizona again this winter? :)

USA with a 6-1 win. Would like to see this competition played in a different country each year instead of primarily in Canada. Would be good for the sport and not give one country a bit of an edge each time.

I agree look forward to it each year.

Hope all is well for you? You in Arizona again this winter? :)
I'm back home for Christmas and New Years buddy. Will be heading back in a few weeks. Not liking this snow and cold!! Will be tucked into bowl games and Junior tournament.
Kind of agree about moving around tournament but I think having it in Canada or USA is a revenue driven thing. They pretty much sell out the other games not involving the home teams.
Hope everything is good with you and your family. Go Argo's...beat the Tiger Cats lol

Oh I agree on the revenue. What is always about as we both know.

Cold and snow I can relate. :)

We are doing fine. Oldest daughter will start her Senior year of college in two weeks. Youngest is a Sophomore.

Man that was a great Grey Cup this year even with the 'Cats losing in the Semi's. :)

I'm back home for Christmas and New Years buddy. Will be heading back in a few weeks. Not liking this snow and cold!! Will be tucked into bowl games and Junior tournament.
Kind of agree about moving around tournament but I think having it in Canada or USA is a revenue driven thing. They pretty much sell out the other games not involving the home teams.
Hope everything is good with you and your family. Go Argo's...beat the Tiger Cats lol

Canada 5-0 against Slovakia. Slovaks had a whopping 6 shots on net the entire game. USA plays them today.

USA beats Slovakia 5-2. Has to play the Russians with only a 17 hour turnaround. Which is nuts.

USA with only a 17 hour turnaround beats Russia 3-2 and are now 3-0. Huge win.

Gutsy effort on such short rest.

Tyler Parson the best goalie in the competition thus far.

This team matches up very well against Canada from a skill, speed and physical aspect.

Last edited:
USA beats Canada 3-1 to win the Group at 4-0. They will face the 4th place team in the other Group in the Quarter Final Round on Monday.

Very undisciplined Canadian team. Unusual for them. Seemed nervous entering the game and two early power play goals put Canada in a hole they were never able to dig their way out of.

USA the better team on the day. Appear for now to be the best team in the competition.

With that being said the USA has won nothing yet and needs to stay focused going into the Knockout Round.

Last edited:

For fans of the USA and Canada the Qtr Final Match Up start tomorrow.

USA v Switzerland is at 4:30 CST

Canada v Czech Republic is at 7 PM CST

Games in the USA are on the NHL Channel. Direct TV Channel 215

Have to admit RR I didn't see much of the Canada USA game. I caught about ten minutes and USA was up 2-1. I haven't been confident in our goal tending and think it will be tough to go through to the gold medal game. I'll be tuned in tonight. One game at a time now. Hopefully we got a wake up call.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back