• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

World Junior Hockey Kicks off in Edmonton

NS Husker

Recruit
5 Year Member
Team Canada about to face-off against Finland in Edmonton. Team USA plays Denmark later tonight.

The Canadians will in tough against Finland. They beat the Finns in an exhibition game about a week ago. Canada is just so-so this year, not much star-power on the roster this year. Goaltending seems to be down and no returning players on defence. They dropped an exhibition game to Sweden on the 23rd so it will be interesting.

Maybe the no-names will get it done.

USA has a really strong team again...:) I think we will take this tourney again this year...we have done very well in the Jr. Tourney's the past few years....lot of great American players on the rise...:)

Team Canada about to face-off against Finland in Edmonton. Team USA plays Denmark later tonight.

The Canadians will in tough against Finland. They beat the Finns in an exhibition game about a week ago. Canada is just so-so this year, not much star-power on the roster this year. Goaltending seems to be down and no returning players on defence. They dropped an exhibition game to Sweden on the 23rd so it will be interesting.

Maybe the no-names will get it done.

Last edited:

Canada loses Smith-Pelly with a broken bone in his foot. This will hurt us. He is a banger on the checking line and opens up space for whoever he plays with. We have the skill guy's but they are smaller and to lose a big body could hurt us in the long run.

The USA not only has skill and speed but the big bodies to get the job done too....

Canada loses Smith-Pelly with a broken bone in his foot. This will hurt us. He is a banger on the checking line and opens up space for whoever he plays with. We have the skill guy's but they are smaller and to lose a big body could hurt us in the long run.

I wouldn't gloat to soon my good friend....Canada is far from a lock to win anything and if anything the USA will be up for that game now....

LOL I know RR, I said to my son when I was typing that I better not get to high and mighty yet :) We have the Czech game tonight

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back