• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Women's Volleyball

Skunkman1

Husker Immortal Love Tool
15 Year Member
Got jobbed tonight on not getting a number one selection!

Mods I Know this is not football but this needs to be seen!

Move when you want to.

201q1l.jpg

Co-champs and automatic qualifier from the best conference. Penn State has been playing very well; so, no real objections there. But, 2 SEC schools at top seeds is a bit strange.

Having said that, there really is no significant difference between a #1 and #2. We'll have to beat good teams and the #1 team in our regional is Kentucky.

We've actually overachieved this year based on expectations; so, it's all gravy at this point.

BOO on the thread being moved from the football forum. Yes this is about volleyball but the premier team at the University of Nebraska in terms of athletic accomplishments was robbed tonight and it is news worthy.

Ok...rant over...for now. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

They were definitely poked in the eye by the selection committee. They play in the most difficult volleyball conference the nation and Kentucky beat them out for a top 4 seed. I didn't even know Kentucky had a team.

Big Ten got disrespected some, too. Six B1G teams in. Michigan and Illinois were in the top 30 of the last AVCA poll but got left out of the tournament. One good way to deal with disrespect.

Last edited:
BOO on the thread being moved from the football forum. Yes this is about volleyball but the premier team at the University of Nebraska in terms of athletic accomplishments was robbed tonight and it is news worthy.

Ok...rant over...for now. :thumbsup:
It's cool I got the heads up out for most to see! I'm sure the wanna be board police bitched about me!

I am a bad bad Skunk!:Bananalazy:

Big Ten got disrespected some, too. Six B1G teams in. Michigan and Illinois were in the top 30 of the last AVCA poll but got left out of the tournament. One good way to deal with disrespect.
Michigan and Illinois are both in the tournament.

I'm looking at our prospective games, and all I see is us moving on to the Championship game. From what I can tell, we actually have it easier than Kentucky does here, so I think that the committee actually did us a favor here. I'm not even mad.

Co-champs and automatic qualifier from the best conference. Penn State has been playing very well; so, no real objections there. But, 2 SEC schools at top seeds is a bit strange.

Having said that, there really is no significant difference between a #1 and #2. We'll have to beat good teams and the #1 team in our regional is Kentucky.

We've actually overachieved this year based on expectations; so, it's all gravy at this point.

I'd say having to travel to Lexington vs staying in Lincoln until the semifinals is a pretty significant difference

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back