• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Women's Softball

Seeding/assignment seems off (as frequently seems to happen).

We seem to be a 7-seed (ranked 28th in RPI).
Ohio State is ranked #25 in RPI (would also be a #7) and Michigan is ranked #21 (a #6). Those seem close enough in objective rankings that our conference championship, beating both of them in the tournament, should have given us the best spot of the three.

Oklahoma State #7 overall.
Tennessee (w/ Ohio State) #11 overall
Central Florida (w/ Michigan) #16 overall
Even Greg Sharpe iterated, in words, they got screwed!

None of the 16 seeds lost yesterday. But in the other 16 games, the lower seed won 7 times. It should be an interesting day. I am thinking a few of the sixteen lose today, hope it happens in Stillwater. Go Huskers.

12 of the 13 SEC teams made the tourney, 6-18 in that conference gets you in (A&M). So far, Alabama and Missouri are the only of the 16 seeds to lose.

Well, one more Husker hope turned into a disappointment. Have to be able to hit the ball to score runs. Some close calls did not go our way but that should not be any excuse. UNT got runs with two outs, we didn't. Seemed to me their team had more quickness and speed than the Huskers. Maybe that is why we didn't attempt many bunt situations? Oh well, there is always next year.

Well, one more Husker hope turned into a disappointment. Have to be able to hit the ball to score runs. Some close calls did not go our way but that should not be any excuse. UNT got runs with two outs, we didn't. Seemed to me their team had more quickness and speed than the Huskers. Maybe that is why we didn't attempt many bunt situations? Oh well, there is always next year.
The two UNT games were mirror images of each other. Okie State was always going to be a long shot, but it would have been nice to make the regional finals. Still, a magical year for the Big Ten tourney champs. Congrats.

On a positive note (after the 0-3 loss to No Texas), I saw the following comment elsewhere:

This was a good season for the lady huskers but did not end on a good note. The ladies where unable to get hits in the regionals. (season-wise) On a good note Billie Andrew’s got her 20th home run for the season. Only the third lady Husker to hit 20 in a season. Congrats for a job well done.

At least we can say that about next year, but not too sure about baseball. :(

Here is something I saw elsewhere that's worth repeating. :thumbsup: (No, I hadn't noticed. :Redface:)

You may (not) have noticed but the NU women's sports teams captured "freshman of the year" in the big ten in volleyball, basketball, softball and outdoor track. All fun to watch.

:Bow::Bow::Bow::Bow:

Julia Orzol, Wisconsin was the B1G Volleyball FOY for 2021. (Lexi Rodriguez & Lindsay Krause were named to the All-Freshman Team)

But; Lexi Rodriguez Was the AVCA Freshman of the Year - an even more prestigious honor.
:Salute:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back