• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Women's Softball

B1G C H A M P I O N S!!!
I had not watched much of this team this year until the tournament. What a fun team to watch. Well deserved championship.
By the way, does anyone know if Nebraska has won a Big Ten conference tournament in any sport in the last five years?

Volleyball?? (maybe first place in conference standings, but I don't believe they have a B1G Tournament for volleyball :Redface:)

Here is a comment on Softball I found elsewhere :Redface: I think is worth repeating:

"The Husker pitchers, Courtney Wallace and Oliva Ferrel are to be commended for their excellent pitching during the whole tournament. We would not have won the Championship if they hadn't preformed so well. Michigan had runners on third base multiple times during this game and did not score. One time with no out.

It's a great feeling to beat Michigan all three times this year.

Winning the Championship and coming in second place during the regular season should gives us an excellent seating in the NCAA Tournament. Hopefully a second seed with a weaker first seed. Don't think our strength of schedule will gives us a first seed. Also think a third seed would be unjust but Nebraska rarely seems to get national respect so who knows where we will end up.

I have been following women's softball for a long time and did not see this success coming. Basically the same team that finished in the bottom half of the Big Ten last year minus one of our all time best players, Kristen Edwards."

I had not watched much of this team this year until the tournament. What a fun team to watch. Well deserved championship.
By the way, does anyone know if Nebraska has won a Big Ten conference tournament in any sport in the last five years?
Bowling maybe, volleyball, Indoor track maybe.

I don’t believe volleyball plays in a conference tournament.
Looks like we won the conference mens track indoor and outdoor meets in 2016, and the WBB tournament in 2014. Volleyball conf champs in 2017, but there is no tourney. Baseball conf champs in 2021, but we did not win the tourney. Underwhelming overall.

1652574128363.png

ESPN2 @6:00 PM Today (Sunday)

NCAA Softball Selection Show

Let's see if those pundits give our Huskers
their due respect, giving them a well
deserved spot in the Tournament. They have
been ignored the whole season, when it
comes to being ranked.

Ladies, you have done the University of
Nebraska so proud!! :Bow: :Mfclap::Cheer2::Corn2::Hooray::Rockon:

GO BIG RED!!!

Last edited: