• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Women's Softball

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Happened to see this posted elsewhere: :Redface:

Going to my first ever NU women's softball game today to see them hopefully beat Iowa.
Went to the game and watched them blast Iowa. Nice environment. Saw Sam Haiby, Trinity Brady and Alexis Markowsi there supporting the team. Nice to see. Even noticed Amy Wiliams cheering on the Hukers so I stopped by and had a short conversation.
This team is unbelievable. They swept Minnesota 3 - 0 this weekend scoring 29 runs and 36 hits. Shut them out the first two games. The third game, Huskers were down 8 - 1 after the top of the third inning and came back to win 11 - 8. 18 game win streak. Still not rated in the polls but this may change after this weekend. Does the lack of being ranked sound familiar?

GO BIG RED.

Last edited:

Here's a "Heads-Up! Nebraska Women's Basketball AND Softball on Episode 2 of The Place (a new show on the Huskers YouTube channel) Thurs, 5/5/22.

"Huskers win, Huskers win, Huskers win, Huskers win, 5-4 " (Beat Indiana)

"The lady Huskers finished the season in second place in the Big Ten."

Bracket for for Big Ten Softball Tournament. Like our side of the bracket. We didn't play Illinois this year. Will be interesting to see if we can beat them assuming higher seeds when their games. Not sure how Michigan got the fourth side when they finished fifth in the league. They are the hottest team right now. Northwestern will have their hands full if they play each other.

Huskers vs Penn State or Indiana, Game #5 Thurs, 5/11/22 @ 11 AM (et) on BTN

1652123538957.png

Beat Me To It! :Redface: Billie Andrews hit a 2 run double :Hooray:to put the Lady Huskers in the lead. Will play Illinois or Ohio State tomorrow. :Shout:

Last edited:

Ohio State loaded the bases in the first inning. With one out, a walk and single put runners on first and second. Wallace hit the next batter to load the bases, but followed it up with a fielder's choice out at home. With two outs, Ohio State popped up and NU worked out of a loaded bases inning.
Ferrell (19-6) earned the win in the circle after coming in to pitch in the top of the fifth and holding the Buckeyes to three hits. Lexie Handley (22-9) recorded the loss, pitching the complete game for OSU and giving up two runs.

Along with Ferrell's RBI double in the bottom of the seventh, Abbie Squier added an RBI single of her own in the fourth inning. Squier finished 2-for-3 on the day.

Last edited:

I have really enjoyed watching the gals play in the playoffs. It sure is a lot better than calling play-by-play of the men's baseball games.

Let's face it, if it weren't for the women's sports this last season, we would be in deep trouble, sports wise, at the University of Nebraska.

I really feel, with our pitching, and our very good hitters, we can knock off meeeeeeeeeeechigan :)

GO BIG RED!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back