• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wish we could get this kid as a preferred walk-on

So do Tim Dwight, Amendola, Welker and Troy Brown ALL under 6"
Not the point. Where were those kids recruited? Chadron has had what like two total kids drafted in last couple of decades? They are playing teams of walk ons.

Everyone loves the little guy success stories. I’m okay with recruiting smaller guys. Just when I’ve gotta pick and hand out scholarships, bigger dudes more likely.

Last edited:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm going to have the large fast guys too. But I will make room on my squad for this kid in case he turns out to be that modern version of Doug Flutie or Danny Woodhead. Especially if it is under the circumstances suggested in the OP --- as a walk on.
Added in a guy from the 80s. Pounding the final nail in the coffin of this debate.

Last edited:

Thank You!
Not really that hard to understand. There will always be the one person someone points to like Woodhead to try and prove the point neglecting it’s the exception, and there will always be the 1,000 others that didn’t work out that are the rule.

Issue is every other year I hear about the next Woodhead we don’t want to miss out on (Mazour, Kautz, etc.), coincidentally we are still using Woodhead as the example. Which should be confirmation enough. Yet here we are.

For the record I actually like this kids film.

Last edited:

Not really that hard to understand. There will always be the one person someone points to like Woodhead to try and prove the point neglecting it’s the exception, and there will always be the 1,000 others that didn’t work out that are the rule.

Issue is every other year I hear about the next Woodhead we don’t want to miss out on (Mazour, Kautz, etc.), coincidentally we are still using Woodhead as the example. Which should be confirmation enough. Yet here we are.

For the record I actually like this kids film.
I think people forget that Woodhead only became a star because we missed out on him. Had he came to NU he would have been a bench player at best & never developed into what he is today. So we really missed out on nothing, IMO.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back