• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wish we could get this kid as a preferred walk-on

ThrowFar60

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Nice article today on Bleacher Report about this QB out of California, Anthony Munoz. Over 5,000 passing yards his Senior year, 67 passing touchdowns, and 13 ints. Kicker is he's only 5'9 165lbs. Seems to have a rapid quick release, seems to be a "fast blinker" as Verduzco puts it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...nthony-munoz-the-countrys-most-prolific-hs-qb

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/an...?videoid=2b1c6fa5-6df0-4ae2-866e-8076f384db65
That kid would die if he stepped foot on a D1 field. 125 pounds??? I actually don’t mind his film throwing tho.

Last edited:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ye0jYXUtMC8/hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

The other link said 5'8" 125 pounds.
Yea, I’m not positive his MaxPreps has been updated recently.

He’s small regardless, but imagine if he was 6’1 there wouldn’t be a program in the nation not after him. I don’t know his families income situation, but would tell him, you wanna play at the next level, you can have a spot, and earn yourself a scholarship. Perhaps he hits a growth spurt, perhaps not. Hope he finds a home somewhere though.

You know why everybody can name the four or five exceptions... because they are gigantic anomalies.
I agree that they are gigantic anomalies,... but so is passing for 5,000 yards in a season in high school. We're going to see more QBs like this playing college football because height isn't as much of a requirement at QB in either the Kelly/Frost or Air Raid offensive systems. Maybe this kid has no D-1 potential, in which case: fine. But if the only thing keeping him back is his height (because you can add weight to a shorter QB), there will be a place for him. The fact that he's not getting big-time offers tells me that there's probably something more going on there.

Last edited:
They were only 125 lbs?!?!
At some point, yes, I assume. I haven't heard of too many 126 lb newborn babies.

As for Munoz, this would be where he measured at the scouting combine mentioned in the article:

At 5'9" and 160 pounds, Munoz is small by football standards.​

I don't know what Flutie and Murray measured in the spring of their senior year of high school, but that would be the same ballpark.

At some point, yes, I assume. I haven't heard of too many 126 lb newborn babies.

As for Munoz, this would be where he measured at the scouting combine mentioned in the article:

At 5'9" and 160 pounds, Munoz is small by football standards.​

I don't know what Flutie and Murray measured in the spring of their senior year of high school, but that would be the same ballpark.
You’re right....

There are many reasons you offer a kid a preferred walk on spot. Kid holds a 4.0 GPA and could think of worse walk ons we’ve accepted before. Hell we just had 2 “retire” to take their talents elsewhere. Hope this kid gets a shot somewhere, even at the D2/D3 level

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back