• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wisconsin strategy?

gazelle

Recruit
2 Year Member
So, if Wisconsin keeps cancelling games do they get to be B1G champs at 10-0 without having to play Nebraska, Minnesota, or Ohio State? If so, that is a pretty good strategy on their part. Maybe they can end up national champs too just by cancelling their way through the tournament. I wonder how the B1G will handle this.

It didn't work for Duke, it wont work for cheap Wiscy.
1616174804429.png

It didn't work for Duke, it wont work for cheap Wiscy.

Maybe the football team can do this next year. If we win our first three games against Illinois, Michigan State, and Northwestern, we can just cancel the rest of the games due to covid concerns and then go to the B1G championship game with a 3-0 conference record.

So, if Wisconsin keeps cancelling games do they get to be B1G champs at 10-0 without having to play Nebraska, Minnesota, or Ohio State? If so, that is a pretty good strategy on their part. Maybe they can end up national champs too just by cancelling their way through the tournament. I wonder how the B1G will handle this.
I have thought the same thing. I hope the conference figures it out, if they try that crap, again! Two times avoiding us would be totally egregious!
If they (the conference) does not act on that, then they are complicit, for sure!
I would hope, though, they would look into the "infraction".

This is a load of horse hockey. I hope Coach Cook and Moos protest. We could have cancelled our matches with OhSU and Minnesota and won the trophy. I have zero respect for the badgers.

You guys are crazy. Wisconsin is absolutely loaded this year and I am sure all those involved would rather be playing the matches. These Wisconsin girls and the whole program are top notch competitors, it would not be in their DNA to even consider the strategy you guys are suggesting. To become that good at anything it takes a different kind of person and that type of person doesn’t get there by backing down or taking the easy road.

You guys are crazy. Wisconsin is absolutely loaded this year and I am sure all those involved would rather be playing the matches. These Wisconsin girls and the whole program are top notch competitors, it would not be in their DNA to even consider the strategy you guys are suggesting. To become that good at anything it takes a different kind of person and that type of person doesn’t get there by backing down or taking the easy road.
I'm sure the girls want to play. Whether or not the administration wants to take a chance on losing a couple matches, is only speculation.

But the fact is, they were awarded the B1G championship without having to play 2 of the top 3 teams in the conference; and the team they did play (Minnesota, in only one of their 2 scheduled matches) was missing their starting setter and libero (and they still went 4 sets).

Sure, they LOOK like the top team in the country, but we have incomplete data. NU and OhSU didn't get the chance to play them. It would be like awarding the football national championship to the Buckeyes before the CFP even started.

I'm sure the girls want to play. Whether or not the administration wants to take a chance on losing a couple matches, is only speculation.

But the fact is, they were awarded the B1G championship without having to play 2 of the top 3 teams in the conference; and the team they did play (Minnesota, in only one of their 2 scheduled matches) was missing their starting setter and libero (and they still went 4 sets).

Sure, they LOOK like the top team in the country, but we have incomplete data. NU and OhSU didn't get the chance to play them. It would be like awarding the football national championship to the Buckeyes before the CFP even started.
I do agree that Wisconsin is very, very good. it's just sad we couldn't meet and play them.

Very frustrating.

Let's just keep winning, hoping we meet up with Wisconsin, eventually.

Yes, I objected earlier, but things have changed.
If Cook agrees, plus doctors, it is OK with me.

GO BIG RED!!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back