• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter Testing Results

Lynn Swan studied dance (ballet, tap, jazz, etc) from 4yo until his senior year in hs). Bruce Lee was cha cha dancing champion of Hong Kong. There is definitely something to be said for studying dance. Oh yeah, Ali also studied ballet.
so did Bubba Smith. Dancing teaches flexibility and agility. One of the reasons listed for Pacific Islanders being so good at football is that the dances they do from a young age teach them strength and agility. The majority of the dances are done in a squatting position for long periods of time. building the same muscles needed for football.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that complicated honestly.
High scores on these tests do not necessarily translate to elite players, but low scores will indicate that a player will struggle. There's a baseline of strength, explosiveness, and athleticism that is necessary to be a good football player, but guys who are strong, explosive, and athletic won't necessarily be good football players.

What I like about releasing the numbers is that it ignites competition amongst the players.

I don't think it's that complicated honestly.
High scores on these tests do not necessarily translate to elite players, but low scores will indicate that a player will struggle. There's a baseline of strength, explosiveness, and athleticism that is necessary to be a good football player, but guys who are strong, explosive, and athletic won't necessarily be good football players.

What I like about releasing the numbers is that it ignites competition amongst the players.

Very much this is true. As has already been stated Jay Sims a 5th string RB holds the record on this index. If it was all about athletic testing he would have been starting in front of Lawrence Phillips, Ahman Green, Damon Benning, and Clinton Childs. Curtis Cotton always tested like an athletic freak also. I don't think he ever got above 2nd team at safety.

1617220463438.png

https://nebraska_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/pdf9/5006607.pdf

1617220765385.png

Comparing the current player points to the All Time Performance Records shows them to be close.

Last edited:
I love that they are finally posting this stuff. Transparency and accountability to each other and the fans is important part of being better. I think competition is so important especially when you know people are going to see it. I’m not saying that just because you have high score you are a great player but overall it’s about development and accountability to each other. Having been in the military I know that testing is a important part of accountability to each other. Good job Duvall and Frost

I had to look this up as I thought Kodiac bears would be the biggest. It’s close but Polar Bears are the biggest and most aggressive. I like that you just knew that. :thumbsup:
Ive lived in kodiak and black bear country,not in polar bear country.
Those guys are meat eaters only.
Know a guy who has one stuffed thats over 10 feet tall, you see that, you find things out

Ive lived in kodiak and black bear country,not in polar bear country.
Those guys are meat eaters only.
Know a guy who has one stuffed thats over 10 feet tall, you see that, you find things out
My dad said the biggest one he ever seen was in a airport in Alaska. It was a polar bear. He thought it was around 12 feet tall.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back