• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter Testing Results

I know the results of one OL and it is very impressive.....lost fat and gained muscle and is up to a very "flexible with strength" 318. Sounds like it is been a real good cycle for the OL.
Be careful when using the term “cycle” in reference to off-season weight room improvements. Folks might think we’re bringing back a few more things from the 90s.

I know the results of one OL and it is very impressive.....lost fat and gained muscle and is up to a very "flexible with strength" 318. Sounds like it is been a real good cycle for the OL.
Does that lineman's last name rhyme with "wiper"?

It was the least I could do.

Hey, I had the entire South Carolina women's basketball team over here wearing those damned things out.

Didn't seem to hurt them any.
I thought you sold them to the NCAA, because they said the we’re fixing up and adding to the weight rooms for the women. That should be a nice profit for you!

Not to be a debbie downer however do you really need to know the results. In the grand scheme of things if they are getting results on the field, guys are bigger, faster, strong etc. Does showing how much or less they have went up or down in the testing reaults matter????

Be careful when using the term “cycle” in reference to off-season weight room improvements. Folks might think we’re bringing back a few more things from the 90s.

Funny thing is we did cycles in HS as well (w/o any "additions"), and they worked really well (kids of that age have the benefit of youth!). Test maximums, do reps at lower weights and higher reps and each week cycle to do fewer lifts and higher weights -- 8 weeks at a time, IIRC, and then reset

Throw the 80s in there as well. Good old D-Bol and it's relatives. Dean Steinkuhler and Danny Noonan say hi.... :Lol:

Not to be a debbie downer however do you really need to know the results. In the grand scheme of things if they are getting results on the field, guys are bigger, faster, strong etc. Does showing how much or less they have went up or down in the testing reaults matter????
12-20 results all that matters Debbie pal

No it doesn't matter, everyone just remembers back to the good old days when Boyd Epley published all the top marks for each position and how everyone got faster, leaner, bigger and stronger.

Which in and itself means nothing. Curtis Cotton was an athletic testing freak every year he was at Nebraska. I don't he ever rose any higher than 2nd team at safety.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back