• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter conditioning is under way

I hardly do back squats anymore. Too hard on the ole lumbar. I've switched to most doing front squats. It took awhile to really master the form and even longer before I could start putting up heavier weights.

I only started doing them about six months ago and I'm still in the 'Took a while' mode.

It's gone from feeling completely unnatural and awkward to doable and I don't feel like I'm going to fall forward anymore. I've been moving away from heavy back squats over the last four or five years, and front squats are a great replacement.

Watching that video is so much better than the 180lb wideouts doing 405lb half cheat squats and I think it will pay dividends this fall. Some of those dudes doing legit 315 front squats? Man. If they just started doing them this session, they're picking it up fast.

I only started doing them about six months ago and I'm still in the 'Took a while' mode.

It's gone from feeling completely unnatural and awkward to doable and I don't feel like I'm going to fall forward anymore. I've been moving away from heavy back squats over the last four or five years, and front squats are a great replacement.

Watching that video is so much better than the 180lb wideouts doing 405lb half cheat squats and I think it will pay dividends this fall. Some of those dudes doing legit 315 front squats? Man. If they just started doing them this session, they're picking it up fast.
Pal, do you really think anyone gives a squat about your conditioning?

Man I could watch squats all day.
squats GIF

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back