• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wing Recipes

Merkules79

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
Hey all,

I have a killer wing sauce recipe.....very, very easy to make! Im looking for other sauce ideas, wing batter, grill vs. bake ideas etc. Does anyone wanna start? I went back to the Max's Kitchen inception and could not find anything on wingy's!! Let's rock!!

I make a very traditional wing sauce. Franks + Tabasco + Butter + Apple Cider Vinegar + Molasses or Honey.

With respect to the wings, I grill rather than fry them. I season them with a dry rub of cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then I sear them 2 minutes on high heat, and indirect heat flipping regularly for 15-20 minutes. I usually give them a quick sear again before throwing them in the bowl and tossing with the wing sauce. They're not quite as good as fried wings, but they're pretty close, especially if you do the sear right and get the skin really crispy.

H-D Husker is the guy with the sauce. He actually bottles it.

I cook mine the same way Chi does, but I disagree with him: I think the grilled wings are FAR superior to the fried ones. I only use the wing portions. Drumsticks are NOT wings. Even when I go out for wings, I specify "flats" and I'll pay more for an order of flats (no drummies) if that's what it takes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back