• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Win or go home, Game 2 BIG conference tournament

Well guys, we tried, but we failed to improve in the 2nd half, let alone, not get worse!

thanks for the camaraderie, all. :) :wave:

errands to do now

Again, Kubat gets screwed by his team mates, once again!!

:dighole:

Don't anyone dare to say, we still have a chance to get into the ncaa tournament!! grrrrr!!!:banghead:

Too bad you missed it. :Biggrin:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc

Are you ********ting me?

I walk away and NU gives up 6 runs in the b8?

Jesus H. Christ!

Hey, HCD, you can go back and read about it!! ;)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc

Are you ********ting me?

I walk away and NU gives up 6 runs in the b8?

Jesus H. Christ!

Hey, HCD, you can go back and read about it!! ;)

No thanks.

I went to see a patient, knowing NU had it in the bag.

I came back, and crapped my pants.

Wow!? I heard the score and thought NU had it in the bag. Then my wife said they lost? :( Speechless. Things looked so good after the Texas series and that was the high point of the season.

Last edited:

Wow!? I heard the score and thought NU had it in the bag. Then my wife said they lost? :( Speechless. Things looked so good after the Texas series and that was the high point of the season.

Probably true, but we shouldn't have gotten so excited about that sweep. Texas is a very mediocre team this year.

My sentiment exactly. I checked in around the 6th/7th and thought NU had it, only to come back and read about this dumpster fire. :puke:

Last edited:
[h=1]Late Spartan Grand Slam Dooms Huskers[/h]Hail Varsity Staff
<time class="article__time" datetime="2015-05-21T16:23:02+00:00" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; font-size: 1.09rem; line-height: 2.01;">on May 21, 2015 at 4:23 pm</time>

The story was nearly written for senior pitcher Kyle Kubat, who sought to become the first Husker pitcher to earn 20 career wins since Johnny Dorn. He gave up three runs, but Nebraska finally came through with some run support for the Nebraska starter in the Big Ten tournament elimination game against Michigan State. It proved to be insufficient though.
The Huskers took an 7-3 lead into the eighth inning, but the bullpen squandered the offensive support, surrendering six massive runs in the eighth inning, and Nebraska went on to lose 9-7 to end the tournament run and the likely the season.
Kubat’s day wasn’t his best as the Spartans took an early lead with a two-run homer in the first inning, but the Husker bats took one back in the next frame. Jake Schleppenbach’s RBI and a bases-loaded walk gave Nebraska the lead mid-game, then Nebraska ballooned its lead to four runs with five scored in the fifth inning on five hits.
If you can bear it, the rest of the fiasco:

http://hailvarsity.com/news/late-spartan-grand-slam-dooms-huskers/2015/05/

[h=1]Late Spartan Grand Slam Dooms Huskers[/h]Hail Varsity Staff
<time class="article__time" datetime="2015-05-21T16:23:02+00:00" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; font-size: 1.09rem; line-height: 2.01;">on May 21, 2015 at 4:23 pm</time>

The story was nearly written for senior pitcher Kyle Kubat, who sought to become the first Husker pitcher to earn 20 career wins since Johnny Dorn. He gave up three runs, but Nebraska finally came through with some run support for the Nebraska starter in the Big Ten tournament elimination game against Michigan State. It proved to be insufficient though.
The Huskers took an 7-3 lead into the eighth inning, but the bullpen squandered the offensive support, surrendering six massive runs in the eighth inning, and Nebraska went on to lose 9-7 to end the tournament run and the likely the season.
Kubat’s day wasn’t his best as the Spartans took an early lead with a two-run homer in the first inning, but the Husker bats took one back in the next frame. Jake Schleppenbach’s RBI and a bases-loaded walk gave Nebraska the lead mid-game, then Nebraska ballooned its lead to four runs with five scored in the fifth inning on five hits.
If you can bear it, the rest of the fiasco:

http://hailvarsity.com/news/late-spartan-grand-slam-dooms-huskers/2015/05/

I have no desire to relive that game at this point in my life.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back