• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

willie taggert gone after 2 years at F.S.U

Are you sure?

Willie Taggert Scott Frost gone after 2 years at FSU NU

Another buyout .....
After a 3-and-out with Riley, I know we can't and shouldn't get rid of Frost after 2 years. One more 4-8 season after this one though, then it's a fair conversation to start having.

I was 100% in on Frost when he was hired. I just never expected things to be coyote ugly toward the end of year two.

Interesting.

Fired mid-second season. Didn't even finish year two! Wow.

9-12 overall record in that span is the worst for FSU since 1975-76.

For comparison, Frost is 8-13 over the exact same time frame. On pace for the worst two-year span since 1960-61.

Now, by no means should Frost be fired now, but it is quite the perspective.

Interesting.

For comparison, Frost is 8-13 over the exact same time frame. On pace for the worst two-year span since 1960-61.

It's jacked up.

Never thought Taggart was a good hire for FSU, but too soon and that buyout. Good lord.

I will refuse to listen to any "Fire Frost' horsecrap until and unless this team is 4-8 or worse next year.

It's jacked up.

Never thought Taggart was a good hire for FSU, but too soon and that buyout. Good lord.

I will refuse to listen to any "Fire Frost' horsecrap until and unless this team is 4-8 or worse next year.

Given where we are currently and the schedule next year, it will take quite a turnaround to win more than 4. It’s a meat grinder.

Local Tallahassee sports page top candidates:

Too target:
Bob Stoops

Notables:
Matt Campbell
PJ Fleck
Mark Stoops
Brent Venables

Other potential candidates:
Mike Novell
Jeff Scott
Mark Richt
Mike Leach

Interesting.

Yes it is. It's an example of a completely delusional fanbase that does t acknowledge what a dumpster fire Jimbo left.
Speaking of perspective, I wonder if A&M fans are loving that 90M contract yet?

It was the wrong hire in the place. I shook my head when they announced his hiring.

Interesting.

Shows you how big of a dumpster fire is at FSU. Three years seems too soon to fire a coach, but not even two years!? The AD better have a homerun hire lined up or he's probably next.

I have several coworkers who are either living in the area, or alums of FSU. Their opinion was Taggart didn’t have much interest in becoming a part of the community. Tallahassee has a pretty small town feel, and Willie wasn’t into it. He was dismissive of many donors, he brushed off most of their history, and even though there were down times, you don’t brush off Bowden or Fisher. Taggart was Taggert’s own worst enemy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back