• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Williams Announces Shepard Plans to Transfer

This all goes back to her Grand dad. His ego was always bigger than the world. I had a personal relationship with the man. The grand daughter was bore from the same tree. Too bad. She is/was a tremendous talent.

This all goes back to her Grand dad. His ego was always bigger than the world. I had a personal relationship with the man. The grand daughter was bore from the same tree. Too bad. She is/was a tremendous talent.

My parents have set next to her 'Grand Dad' at several basketball games, not saying there was a problem back in the day but they seem very supportive and nice these days. Jess's dad is our School Superintendent and while he is very 'confident' he is very open and easy to work with. Sounds like there will be an announcement coming pretty soon in regards to Jess, while I would have loved for her to stay at Nebraska I wish her the best wherever she ends up.

Pregame for Notre Dame today had a very complimentary story on Shepherd. Coach McGraw says she a team player all the way, great to be around, and will do whatever is asked of her.

Just thought I'd resurrect this old discussion. :Stirthepot:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ings-unlikely-title-notre-dame-fighting-irish

They even got an assist from the NCAA, which gave a waiver to forward Jessica Shepard to play this season, rather than requiring her to sit out the standard one year after transferring from Nebraska.

still not sure how she qualified to play immediately. the NCAA is such a twilight zone

She shouldn't have been. Horrible and unfair move by the NCAA. If exemptions are granted this indiscriminately, why even have the rule?

Between that and the refs swallowing the whistle when the MSU player got body-slammed at midcourt with 4 seconds left, the Irish got one of the luckier nattys ever.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ings-unlikely-title-notre-dame-fighting-irish

They even got an assist from the NCAA, which gave a waiver to forward Jessica Shepard to play this season, rather than requiring her to sit out the standard one year after transferring from Nebraska.

still not sure how she qualified to play immediately. the NCAA is such a twilight zone

I believe when Connie was shown the door the girls were given a chance to leave without penalty, I believe that is what was used in Jess's case. It was her third and final appeal that was finally granted.

I believe when Connie was shown the door the girls were given a chance to leave without penalty, I believe that is what was used in Jess's case. It was her third and final appeal that was finally granted.

Except she didn't leave when Yori was shown the door. She played another entire season, and then transferred. Not only is there not a blanket exception in the NCAA rule that players can transfer without sitting out when there is a coaching change (Tanner Lee had to sit out), but there is definitely not an exception to the year when the there isn't a coaching change. Hard to see any justification for this; implicitly, the NCAA appears to be saying we can apply our rules with unfettered discretion, to the point they become a joke.

THIS! Notre Dame most likely would not have even been in the NCAA's, much less the Final, without their unprecedented waiving of the one-year sit rule after transfer for Jess Shepard.

Last edited:
Except she didn't leave when Yori was shown the door. She played another entire season, and then transferred. Not only is there not a blanket exception in the NCAA rule that players can transfer without sitting out when there is a coaching change (Tanner Lee had to sit out), but there is definitely not an exception to the year when the there isn't a coaching change. Hard to see any justification for this; implicitly, the NCAA appears to be saying we can apply our rules with unfettered discretion, to the point they become a joke.
THIS! Notre Dame most likely would not have even been in the NCAA's, much less the Final, without their unprecedented waiving of the one-year sit rule after transfer for Jess Shepard.

Can't stand Notre Dame and don't much care for the NCAA either, but I am excited for Jess. I am guessing there is more to this than any of us will ever know about.

I was aware that she played another year, I am just saying I think she was given another opportunity to use that reason.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back