• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Williams Announces Shepard Plans to Transfer

My gif on how I feel got erased due to language, which is fair. Jess is a cancer, her fitness and refusal to work on it showed her care for anything other than herself. From Southeast to Fremont, the entitlement was massive. This is a perfect exaample of no player being bigger than the program, and while our AD needs to take allegations serious, it's apparent with the others that transferred when news of Yori being fired came down that's Shepherds story at the very least wasn't parallel to what others thought.

That being said, Yori was having assistants lie for her in legal matters and other behind the scene issues. Even tho Shepherd may have initiated the findings, they still happened.

My gif on how I feel got erased due to language, which is fair. Jess is a cancer, her fitness and refusal to work on it showed her care for anything other than herself. From Southeast to Fremont, the entitlement was massive. This is a perfect exaample of no player being bigger than the program, and while our AD needs to take allegations serious, it's apparent with the others that transferred when news of Yori being fired came down that's Shepherds story at the very least wasn't parallel to what others thought.

That being said, Yori was having assistants lie for her in legal matters and other behind the scene issues. Even tho Shepherd may have initiated the findings, they still happened.

That's fair, Yori needed to be up front with her boss on things and she wasn't. Devorce can make people do things they normally wouldn't do.

I guess the big questions is where will she go. She has the skills to play at a top program. Didn't UCONN want her out of HS? I don't think Geno would put up with a lot of prima donna stuff. Kim Mulkey, Muffet or Tara VDV don't seem the types either.

Wow, sad that a decent program can be in the dumpster after just a few months. Yori seemed to have everything rolling in the right direction. I had no idea the internal reasons that things unfolded the way they did. Hopefully, the program can recover.

It will be a long time before we come around to being feared by anyone. This team will not have a winning record for a very long time. Sad!

Sounds it runs in the family...When Norfolk girls went to Fremont to play, the other sisters were "throwing" elbows and jawin' with our girls ALL night long...At least we beat them on their floor...

Wow, sad that a decent program can be in the dumpster after just a few months. Yori seemed to have everything rolling in the right direction. I had no idea the internal reasons that things unfolded the way they did. Hopefully, the program can recover.
The program had a major downslide with her so I think we will recover but it could take a couple recruiting cycles

The program had a major downslide with her so I think we will recover but it could take a couple recruiting cycles

The program did NOT have a major downslide with Yori. That is a false narrative. We were one season from an NCAA tournament berth, two from a conference tournament title and three from a Sweet 16. The last season, mainly do to losing both starting guards for the season, was still a 9-9 conference season and NIT bid. And there is no reason to think a recovery from the result of Eichorst firing her will only take a couple of recruiting cycles, or that this coach can make it happen. We could just as easily be a lower division team for years, vs. the post-season every year team we had been.

Last edited:
That's fair, Yori needed to be up front with her boss on things and she wasn't. Devorce can make people do things they normally wouldn't do.

I guess the big questions is where will she go. She has the skills to play at a top program. Didn't UCONN want her out of HS? I don't think Geno would put up with a lot of prima donna stuff. Kim Mulkey, Muffet or Tara VDV don't seem the types either.

She was not recruited by UConn out of high school. Gino specifically called her out for lack of conditioning after the game with Nebraska in December. To mention specifics like that about a player on the other team is almost unheard of. Unless he really wants the challenge, I don't expect Gino to be calling.

She was not recruited by UConn out of high school. Gino specifically called her out for lack of conditioning after the game with Nebraska in December. To mention specifics like that about a player on the other team is almost unheard of. Unless he really wants the challenge, I don't expect Gino to be calling.

That is why I was asking. I know she was pretty heavily recruited, just didn't know by whom.

The program did NOT have a major downslide with Yori. That is a false narrative. We were one season from an NCAA tournament birth, two from a conference tournament title and three from a Sweet 16. The last season, mainly do to losing both starting guards for the season, was still a 9-9 conference season and NIT bid. And there is no reason to think a recovery from the result of Eichorst firing her will only take a couple of recruiting cycles, or that this coach can make it happen. We could just as easily be a lower division team for years, vs. the post-season every year team we had been.
I meant with Jessica Shepard not Connie Yori! I see when I reread it how you could have interpreted it that way

Sounds it runs in the family...When Norfolk girls went to Fremont to play, the other sisters were "throwing" elbows and jawin' with our girls ALL night long...At least we beat them on their floor...

Probably wanted to get the first shots in before the Norfolk girls go all Compton on them.;)

I agree with Shortside on the assessment that she looked woefully out of condition and didn't seem to play with much fire or enthusiasm the times I watched. I don't think she will be a big loss in the long run. Next year will be a struggle but with Bball 3 great recruits can resurrect a team fast...hope that happens for the girls!!

I meant with Jessica Shepard not Connie Yori! I see when I reread it how you could have interpreted it that way

Sorry, I misinterpreted. The way i read it is McKewon's position, and we have gone round and round about it. He is convinced we were going in the toilet and a change should have been made. But we know she could coach with anyone, and she had some pretty damn good recruits signed.

Sorry, I misinterpreted. The way i read it is McKewon's position, and we have gone round and round about it. He is convinced we were going in the toilet and a change should have been made. But we know she could coach with anyone, and she had some pretty damn good recruits signed.

McKewon is a shell of his former self. It's not like the guy turned into a bumbling doofus voluntarily. I think he's doing the job the OWH wants him to do. But it's superficial and lazy work targeted at generating clicks. I miss the in-depth researched stuff he did previously.

McKewon is a shell of his former self. It's not like the guy turned into a bumbling doofus voluntarily. I think he's doing the job the OWH wants him to do. But it's superficial and lazy work targeted at generating clicks. I miss the in-depth researched stuff he did previously.

Good points. I always thought Sam was excellent covering football. That has degraded some but he is still good. I think his world view colored his views (And Eichorst's, of course) on Yori. She is tough and old-school. Has a pessimistic side. So she didn't fit the energy bus stuff too well. All she could do was coach, and she had hit her stride in recruiting. The test was going to be whether she was able to adjust to the better, higher maintenance athletes she was landing, although I don't think that was going to be a problem with Cayton, Doyle, and Eiliely--great kids with great parents.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back