• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Williams Announces Shepard Plans to Transfer

JHudson

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
Just got this from the Athletic Dept.:

Williams Announces Shepard Plans to Transfer

Sophomore forward Jessica Shepard plans to transfer from the University of Nebraska women’s basketball program, Nebraska Coach Amy Williams announced on Monday, March 27.

Williams, who said she appreciated Shepard’s straight-forward approach during post-season evaluations, plans to assist Shepard in the transfer process.

“Jessica thinks it is in her best interest to leave our program and seek a fresh start at this time,” Williams said. “We wish her the best and will try to help her through the process, if she needs it.”

Shepard, who has not decided where she is transferring, said she appreciated the commitment of Williams and her staff in their first season at Nebraska.

“Coach Williams and the whole staff have been very supportive of me, and I thank them for giving me some time after the season to make my decision,” Shepard said. “I also want to thank the University of Nebraska and all of my teammates for the support they have given me the past two years, but I feel like I have to do what I think is best for me and my future at this time.”

Nebraska Coach Amy Williams and the rest of the Huskers will not have further comment on the matter.

Shepard and her family also will not have comment as they continue through the transfer process.

Nebraska began postseason workouts this morning at the Hendricks Training Complex.

Well, it's out, so I don't have to be coy about it per the post on the McKewon thread. Eichorst and Williams backed the wrong horse here. Will go down as one of the greatest blunders in Nebraska athletic history.

So are you saying that Jess was the problem?

I thought it was pretty obvious

No, I don't follow a lot of girls basketball. I know a lot of you guys on here are pretty religious in following the girls. I thought Jess and coach Williams got along ok. Not sure on what her relationship is with the other players. I did have a neighbor that has been to some games and he said something didn't seem right but didn't elaborate.

No, I don't follow a lot of girls basketball. I know a lot of you guys on here are pretty religious in following the girls. I thought Jess and coach Williams got along ok. Not sure on what her relationship is with the other players. I did have a neighbor that has been to some games and he said something didn't seem right but didn't elaborate.
I could see something wasn't right with her as far as her demeanour and facial expressions. She just looked like she didn't want to be here. I thought it started her freshman year when Yori was still here. Wish her the best but looks like she wasn't meshing well here

She was certainly a problem over the past 18 months. Eichorst and then Williams went all in on her. Didn't play out so well.

Bummer

I could see something wasn't right with her as far as her demeanour and facial expressions. She just looked like she didn't want to be here. I thought it started her freshman year when Yori was still here. Wish her the best but looks like she wasn't meshing well here

Absolutely good luck to her. But more importantly good luck to the lady Huskers, hopefully the right the ship.

So I am a little confused. Was she the big problem in Yori's firing? I am a little dense.

Well, it's out, so I don't have to be coy about it per the post on the McKewon thread. Eichorst and Williams backed the wrong horse here. Will go down as one of the greatest blunders in Nebraska athletic history.

So are you saying that Jess was the problem?

She was certainly a problem over the past 18 months. Eichorst and then Williams went all in on her. Didn't play out so well.

Jess and Dad have been the issue at NU from day 1. Her signing with NU was a deathblow to the program. Amazing that for all the rumors, both true and not that surround the football team, her acts to disrupt the Bball team went unnoticed or unbelieved by most all NU fans.

Jess and Dad have been the issue at NU from day 1. Her signing with NU was a deathblow to the program. Amazing that for all the rumors, both true and not that surround the football team, her acts to disrupt the Bball team went unnoticed or unbelieved by most all NU fans.

Don't want to put words in your mouth, but are you suggesting she may have been a reason Romeo transferred?

If true this all feels like a no win situation for the program - best player on the roster, by a long ways, a Highschool phenom from Nebraska, and potential cancer on the team. What average fan is going to know this, let alone believe it?

How do you even go about cutting that player loose, especially when a significant portion of the fan base was bothered by the Yori firing?

The tail cannot wag the dog. Obviously, there was a problem. Good luck to her wherever she lands. Now, it is time for the rest of the girls to to play "team" ball and start to win again.

Good luck to her? Nope, not my sentiments. Seems, she has been a pariah from the start.

I can see this happening in the pros, but women's basketball??

Good riddance!:Wave:

Last edited:

Wow, sad that a decent program can be in the dumpster after just a few months. Yori seemed to have everything rolling in the right direction. I had no idea the internal reasons that things unfolded the way they did. Hopefully, the program can recover.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back