• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will we win 7 games in 2021?

How confident are you that we will win at least 7 games this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’ll have the same problems next year as in Fro$t’s first three years, which haven’t gotten better — penalties, turnovers, special teams. We’re losing our only productive RB and WR. Our QB comes back but is worse than he was as a freshman. The only bright spot is the D, which has everyone giddy because it upgraded its play to “mediocre” by season’s end.

Once again Fro$t will make over $1M per victory......

We’ll have the same problems next year as in Fro$t’s first three years, which haven’t gotten better — penalties, turnovers, special teams. We’re losing our only productive RB and WR. Our QB comes back but is worse than he was as a freshman. The only bright spot is the D, which has everyone giddy because it upgraded its play to “mediocre” by season’s end.

Yikes Debbie Downer strikes again.

Most believe he will get the full 7 years. That’s a long time without winning much. It’s year 4, if there isn’t improvement by then, chances are it’s not happening. No one should need longer than 4 years to start seeing some fruit from the work. No one is even asking for a championship. Just get to a bowl and look like you are really revving it upward. He will be under big time fire should NU have yet another losing season.
Only thing I disagree with is it will really be like 3 and 1/2 years.

Most believe he will get the full 7 years. That’s a long time without winning much. It’s year 4, if there isn’t improvement by then, chances are it’s not happening. No one should need longer than 4 years to start seeing some fruit from the work. No one is even asking for a championship. Just get to a bowl and look like you are really revving it upward. He will be under big time fire should NU have yet another losing season.
Another losing season and the pitchforks will be out, as well they should be.

My confidence level is about 20%-25%. I don't see how doing essentially the same thing is going to lead to markedly improved results. Hopefully I will be wrong.

Last edited:
Not since, but since he'd been there awhile, hes closer to every other year now.
Point is, hes got tenure, is recognized by everyone here, he gets 5 star qbs etc, but t be told we cant jump ahead?
And, with a guy who holds that NCAA record?

I want to see it first too, but thinking it wont happen? Period?

Last edited:

This is so accurate it hurts. The board will definitely be so amped for 2022 based on our defensive improvement that they'll completely overlook another year without a bowl game. I just cannot see this team turning the corner--we will find a way to lose, in novel, inexplicable, confounding ways. The unique methods that cause us to lose will make people think the losses are flukes rather than a cultural issue that has been brewing since at least the 8-turnover Iowa St game.

Two ways to look at this...

Team won’t turn the corner, no improvement, Frost is terrible and the cause of it all, no hope, everyone else is better off.....yada yada...

or

We are actually “close” and finally have decent depth and experience throughout the team with a Defense that actually showed a lot of improvement last year.... an optimistic view.

I choose the later outlook....

Far healthier.....at least for me.....

But I have always been pointed at as being the eternal optimist...the “glass half full” kind of guy.

Guilty as charged.

GET TICKETS

Back