• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will we win 7 games in 2021?

How confident are you that we will win at least 7 games this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds good but the problem remains that ISU still is not even the number 1 school in the state, Iowa is.
And despite all that Campbell has done, he is 0-4 against the Hawkeyes!
No, Campbell will stay in Ames (a great town, we lived there 8+ years) 2-3 more years and then go to a major school to have a shot a National Championship.
We will see. The more years that go by, the better the odds he stays put. You don’t overtake everyone in a day, a year, or two, looks like he’s building a solid program on the plains. Should he stay, they will pass Iowa in the near future.

You used to be so positive.

I know '12-20' can never be erased, but hang in there man.

Better days ahead.

I said if SF has another losing season, not that he would. Tell me he would not be a great candidate after next season.

C

Color me the optimist.

I just have this strong feeling that it starts to come together next year.

And the big change will be just playing much more solid...”clean” football.

with a defense to match....

Last edited:

Two ways to look at this...

Team won’t turn the corner, no improvement, Frost is terrible and the cause of it all, no hope, everyone else is better off.....yada yada...

or

We are actually “close” and finally have decent depth and experience throughout the team with a Defense that actually showed a lot of improvement last year.... an optimistic view.

I choose the later outlook....

Far healthier.....at least for me.....

But I have always been pointed at as being the eternal optimist...the “glass half full” kind of guy.

Guilty as charged.
You forgot to add that Frost is 100000% clueless when it comes to S&C and his hire, ZD, is stuck in the 40's and is even more clueless, and also DE, the nutritionist, only feeds the players Valentino's buffet.

Two ways to look at this...

Team won’t turn the corner, no improvement, Frost is terrible and the cause of it all, no hope, everyone else is better off.....yada yada...

or

We are actually “close” and finally have decent depth and experience throughout the team with a Defense that actually showed a lot of improvement last year.... an optimistic view.

I choose the later outlook....

Far healthier.....at least for me.....

But I have always been pointed at as being the eternal optimist...the “glass half full” kind of guy.

Guilty as charged.
The scenario that others take seems like a miserable life. I like #2

How confident are you that we will win at least 7 games this year?

Honestly, no chance.

The best scenario, 5 wins. No bowl streak continued :(

@ Illinois ..... barely W
BuffaloU .... L. Top25 final poll, mostly return
@ OU ....... duh (L)
@ MSU .... W ??
NW .... Loss. Fitz >>>>>>> Frost
Meechickens ... L
@ Rodents .... W (upset?)
Purdoo .... W
Ohio St ..... duh (L)
SE Lions .... W
@ Wiskey .... L (as usual)
Dirty Birds .... L (ditto)

9 games out of 12, Husker underdogs :Facepalm:

Or else 2021 schedule will be axed. COVID thing. Tied for 1st place, final standings, 0W-0L ! :Woohoo:

Anyway, I can't wait. 6 months, 179 days to go ..... next kickoff.

3uKG6I0.png
6 wins most likely. But I would love to see them surprise me with 9 wins

I am 65% sure about my 50%-59%, but it may change after: :Salute:
Spring game
The gallons of kool-aid I tend to consume before the season.

Offense needs an RB or 2 to really step up and to stay healthy.

Last edited:

with the improved and experienced D, if we can just break even on the turnovers, we can be a 7 win team.

Penalties are drive killers for our Offense and Killers for the defense also. How many times did we see a def back
get a holding call on an uncatchable ball ?

If we can just improve that 3rd down defense, and get off the field 2ce more per game, that'll do wonders.

Our offensive holding that leaves us with 2nd and 19, from inside our own 25 yard line, ultimately gives the other team pretty short fields 2-3 times per game. If we can at least get to the 40 b4 we have to punt, that makes an immense difference.

Some of these simple things add up. Hidden yardage of special teams, and short fields, sooner or later, make a difference.
Hidden yardage! :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Back