• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will we have the fastest receiving corps in the nation?

what happened to the “ run the ball” corps

I'm part of the "win 10+ games a season for 25 years corps."

Chip Kelly famously said he was equal opportunity about points. If he could score 15 safeties and the opponent had 29 points, he was happy.

How does one ‘Oklahoma fast” recruit in any way make our WR corps among the fastest in the country? Guessing we wouldnt even be in the top ten.

Don’t hurt yourself stretching articles like that...
A few others say hello...Jaron Woodyard, Jamie Nance, Wandale Robinson, and Rahmir Johnson (when used as receiver).

A few others say hello...Jaron Woodyard, Jamie Nance, Wandale Robinson, and Rahmir Johnson (when used as receiver).

Ok, I’ll try it another way.

That’s a bold statement/question based on a singular article about ONE recruit, and no examination of data from ANY other team in the country. Is the fastest kid in Oklahoma faster than the top 5 in Florida? Think maybe teams like Alabama, Florida, U$C, tOSU, or Clemson might have a few fast kids on the roster? I’m guessing UCF is pretty damn fast right now.

Last edited:
To top that off, we only have one guy on the roster with any meaningful catches.

More worried about where production is coming from than track speed.

Ok, I’ll try it another way.

That’s a bold statement/question based on a singular article about ONE recruit, and no examination of data from ANY other team in the country. Is the fastest kid in Oklahoma faster than the top 5 in Florida? Think maybe teams like Alabama, Florida, U$C, tOSU, or Clemson might have a few fast kids on the roster? I’m guessing UCF is pretty damn fast right now.

I think it was posed as a question rather than a statement of fact. Will or could Nebraska have the fastest receiving corps in the nation? I don't know, but I'd love to see it.

Good possession receivers don't need to be the fastest guy on the field. They need separation.

Can we finally get WR's that have separation?

The jet sweep and end around. All part of HCSF repertoire allow those speedy WR to run the ball. No one said run the ball can only happen with a RB.

Well i threw it out there to be funny. I’m going back to HT where folk are kinder

No doubt, there is some serious speed in that list. One nice thing about that kind of speed is that sometimes, short/easy throws turn into long TDs with a single broken tackle. I would enjoy watching that kind of breakaway speed on the perimeter.

well i’m taking my football and going home. I’m running all the way home too. Don’t expect me to throw it to you
Oh yeah well
tongue-250x150.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back