• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will we ever be as good as Coastal Carolina?

jmatlock

calling all pals....pals
10 Year Member
Think about it....with all our facilities , history, fan support, and they would be a two touchdown favorite. What is their secret besides having a special teams coach? 95% of people don't even know what city they are located in.

Think about it....with all our facilities , history, fan support, and they would be a two touchdown favorite. What is their secret besides having a special teams coach? 95% of people don't even know what city they are located in.
Exactly, look how they dominated Buffalo the week after we struggled with them. Or, wait, do I have that right?

Last edited:
Myrtle Beach. They have a good marine biology major there.

The sad part about this thread is that you could substitute a number of schools that no one has much heard of and still be correct.

We can, but it takes at least a decade to build a winning team or something.
I thought it required firing your coaching staff every three years or something.

Or was it hiring “any coach” to get you to the 9-10 win threshold, which is easy, and then hiring someone else to take them over the top or something.

Wasn’t that long ago, Arkansas was probably asking if they could ever be as good as Wisconsin. So they snagged their coach thinking that all they had to do was get “that coach” and presto - success. Or something.

Last edited:
I thought it required firing your coaching staff every three years or something.

Or was it hiring “any coach” to get you to the 9-10 win threshold, which is easy, and then hiring someone else to take them over the top or something.

Wasn’t that long ago, Arkansas was probably asking if they could ever be as good as Wisconsin. So they snagged their coach thinking that all they had to do was get “that coach” and presto - success. Or something.

Arkansas is a great example. Winning in year 2. The team to whom the Huskers lost is another great example, winning in year 2. Those coaches didn’t get the memo that it takes at least 5 years to hit .500 in a season.

Arkansas is a great example. Winning in year 2. The team to whom the Huskers lost is another great example, winning in year 2. Those coaches didn’t get the memo that it takes at least 5 years to hit .500 in a season.
Yeah! Two years or out! Not more of these 5 year contracts. If you can’t do it in two you can’t do it, or something.

Of course maybe we should hold off on crowning Arkansas fixed until we at least get half the season done. Ha

Last edited:
Yeah! Two years or out! Not more of these 5 year contracts. If you can’t do it in two you can’t do it, or something.

Of course maybe we should hold off on crowning Arkansas fixed u til we at least get half the season done. Ha
Are you under the impression this is Frost’s second year?

Are you under the impression this is Frost’s second year?
No. I was responding to the assertion that it only my take two years to turn a program around, no matter the circumstances. I feigned agreement with the premise. You see, I’m not the kind of guy who looks at something elsewhere and insists that that is the norm. NU created its own special problems and hired a relatively inexperienced coach to fix these systemic problems. That coach has struggled as one would expect with that kind of hire. But his team is competing at a pretty high level right with the elite of ollege football but falling short. We will have several more opportunities to watch them compete with top 25 talent as the season continues.

I am definitely NOT under the impression that gutting a program is always the right answer. Maybe it is in this case, but the last two games don’t support that premise.

Last edited:
Probably never, pal.

No. I was responding to the assertion that it only my take two years to turn a program around, no matter the circumstances. I feigned agreement with the premise. You see, I’m not the kind of guy who looks at something elsewhere and insists that that is the norm. NU created its own special problems and hired a relatively inexperienced coach to fix these systemic problems. That coach has struggled as one would expect with that kind of hire. But his team is competing at a pretty high level right with the elite of ollege football but falling short. We will have several more opportunities to watch them compete with top 25 talent as the season continues.
At the end of the day we are losing.

Only one NU coach was fired after 3 years. ONE!

SF is already halfway into year 4 so that three year nonsense no longer applies.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back