• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Warner bounce back

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
After having a couple TD passes bounce off his chest, we didnt see him much the rest of the season.
do we think he will bounce back? or get bypassed by the younger faster guys ? Sure hope he can
re-focus and contribute, he was / is a good route runner

He will be back.....those drops were uncharacteristic for him......seems like he has "EZ dropsies" that do not exist outside the endzone for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a grad asst coach at Nebraska (or somewhere) once his playing days are over.

After having a couple TD passes bounce off his chest, we didnt see him much the rest of the season.
do we think he will bounce back? or get bypassed by the younger faster guys ? Sure hope he can
I think he's been passed up by some guys with nearly equal skillset, and better physical attributes. Good teammate, and I'm sure he's still helping some of the younger/newer guys, but I think his days of being in the 2 deep are coming to a close.

I’m sure he will be fine. I’m not a Warner homer or anything but I don’t blame him for the one dropped pass. Seems I remember that it was a bullet and a little high and behind him. Not an easy catch no matter who. The other one was very bad but all receivers have dropped easy passes before such as Stanley Morgan dropping a TD pass against CO that would have been a game changer.

Also as far as end zone goes he did have a nice catch against Iowa his frosh year. Can’t remember if it was a TD or 2 pt conversion but I remember him being hit hard in which should have been a targeting call. Led with helmet and defenseless receiver it seemed to me.

I'm a little bit of a fanboy, but I think he'll be back. Character kid, hard worker, student of the game. I don't think he'll be in a position to be our #2 or #3 receiver like he was pre-season this year, but a reliable backup who can have solid role player type of contribution.

I think he's been passed up by some guys with nearly equal skillset, and better physical attributes. Good teammate, and I'm sure he's still helping some of the younger/newer guys, but I think his days of being in the 2 deep are coming to a close.
Don't disagree, but hadn't seen it in writing before this post. Feels like you are right and hopefully that speaks to the talent of others.

I agree there. What I always found fascinating was when Frost made this statement, it ended up not including Warner. A captain and what many termed as Adrians 'safety blanket' back in 2019. I get he doesn't carry some of the athleticism as the other guys like Betts and Brow, even Martin. Probably doesn't help he dropped a couple touchdowns as well.

For the record, I agree with Frost. They were trying to have 10 guys prove themselves on Saturdays and couldn't get a rhythm at all. I think it's what happened in the RB room (for different reasons) for our #2 spot so we just put Robinson there because no one could get a strong hold on it.

Last edited:
He will be back.....those drops were uncharacteristic for him......seems like he has "EZ dropsies" that do not exist outside the endzone for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a grad asst coach at Nebraska (or somewhere) once his playing days are over.

I think fear of failure took over for both him and the QB's, after having those drops.

QB's seemed unable to throw deep, or have lack of faith to throw the ball deep, after those first 2-3 games.

I know AM can throw deep, I'm thinking of the Colorado games his Fr and So years. He threw deep completions in both games. Just frustrating that this year, we could neither throw, nor run very well offensively.

Probably bypassed by the faster and younger WR's.

I hope Westerkamp II in first season but unfortunately dashed. Downfall ever since.

I'm thankful we have players like Warner, I don't think you will win alot with a team full of them but they serve a purpose. They work hard, push the guy in front of them. I hope this kid finishes strong and has a great life.

I know this one guy, everyone counted him out. He was a QB though, not a receiver. Ended up working at HyVee last I recall. Wonder what happened to him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back